Wendover UT ride.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Wendover UT ride.

Post by ghmpm »

A couple of friends and I left Ely Nevada (NE corner of the state and rode to Wendover, UT which is on the Nevada-Utah border. It was a 250 mile day for me.

I hit the Salt but couldn't quite break the 200 MPH mark, sigh. LOL

After a 250 mile day I have decided that the Forza will NOT go to Sturgis or Daytona. Awesome scooter but not nearly as comfortable as the SWing for such a trip. I have made several 400 mile days on the Wing with no problems...no thank you on the Forza. Just a bit too small for me and the seat would need replacing. This is not to say the Forza is not a good ride but for my 6'0" carcass shorter distances are in order. Hope you enjoy this little report, I haven't seen near enough rides being done, hint, hint!
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (147.59 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (207.64 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Wendover UT ride.

Post by mymitzi »

Thanks for the report and pictures. Did some long distance riding in prior years.............anymore.....an hour or so is plenty for me.
Was wondering if the windshield or lack of a taller one, may have played a part in your experience?? I have the Honda tall shield
on my Forza and prefer it. Would think the Wing would be the preferred way to go long distance anyway.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

mymitzi wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am Thanks for the report and pictures. Did some long distance riding in prior years.............anymore.....an hour or so is plenty for me.
Was wondering if the windshield or lack of a taller one, may have played a part in your experience?? I have the Honda tall shield
on my Forza and prefer it. Would think the Wing would be the preferred way to go long distance anyway.
You are correct, I do need to switch the windshield. Love the looks but hate the function of the "shorty" windshields. Yes the 600 is the better choice by far but The Forza is here and the Silver Wing is in Arizona! LOL
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
canthai
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by canthai »

Don't like windshields on bikes.
Use a helmet with a faceshield.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Yup............windshields aren't perfect. Use to feel about the same as you, canthai. Have gotten a preference for them in my later years.
Know it can be quieter w/o them......ear plugs help there. Occasionally I've tried the short shield.........but end up back with the taller one.