Has the Forza died?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Has the Forza died?

Post by davenowherejones »

A properly lubricated front bake caliper will give a pad life of 100,000 km (62,000 miles) or more.

Or it may be useless in 17,000 km (10,000 miles)

And yes, I do use my front brakes at almost every stop. I don't use them super hard because I look where I am going and almost coast to a stop with engine braking. Hard braking only saves you a few seconds. What's the hurry.

The rear pads are a completely different story. The catalytic converter is right beside the brake cylinder. I have replaced a lot of rear pads.

The Honda Forza 300 scooter is different that a motorcycle in that the engine is on the rear swing arm. On a regular motorcycle the front brakes wear out faster than the rears by a lot. The front and rear on the Forza do about equal work because of that weight on the swingarm.

There is not much fork dive on the Forza compared to a dual sport.

No riding today because it was 114F. Tomorrow will be the same. I have a very tiny ac unit in my kitchen. Too hot.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went out for a coffee yesterday. I filled up at 160,020 km. I am getting close to 160,934 km or the legendary 100,000 miles.

That will be miles indicated as the odometer has a fair bit of error in it. I have used all sorts of tire sizes also.

My 2014 Forza 300 had about 1450 km on it when I bought it from a backyard re-builder. He bought it from our government run insurance company. The re-builder said he put about 500 km on the Forza just trying it out.

I have done almost nothing on the engine. I had the valves checked when I bought it. The engine works very well so I am not letting some junior mechanic muck around with it.

I am having a bunch of medical problems and money problems so it is questionable if I reach 100,000 miles. Anyone have any rich sisters they can send my way?
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Wow Dave........wasn't so long ago you were riding by snow .....off to the side . Didn't realize you had to deal with that kind of heat up
there. Amazing about the Forza milestone! Might have a shot at 100 K... with the PCX, if I live long enough?? Forza......forget about it.
Sorry.........can't help with the rich sister. : )
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

With frequent oil changes, keeping up on the sked maintenance, and some care -
No reason a Forza sould not go 200,000 without any issues.
Ride it Like you Stole it is the best advice.
Bikes that are babied produce less power, vibrate more, and don't last as long.
But this must start from new - easy for first 1000 km - then Give 'Er
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

100 to 120 kmph up the Coquihalla #5 for coffee tonight at 1,244 meters (4081 feet). I live in Hope, BC, Canada at 41 meters (135 feet).

There are many burnt sections of highway where big rigs have burnt to the ground when their brakes have caught fire going down the mountain highway.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Too much riding, almost at 100,000 miles, a couple more rides.