Oil change

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Gibbo86
Year: 2018
Color: Black

Oil change

Post by Gibbo86 »

Hi,

Ive tried to change my oil for the 1st time at the weekend there. I couldn't get the nut of to get in and drain the old oil. I don't believe there was very much left as dipstick wasn't showing anything. I added about 300ml without draining anything. Whats the worst can happen?
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Re: Oil change

Post by power-full »

In total, the engine takes 800mml of oil from just 300mml, which means it has 500mml of used oil, it won't do any good..
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

I'd simply change whatever oil is in the PCX and add new. Just siphon out all the oil you can - siphon from the dipstick opening like You-You does - and then add fresh oil until the proper level shows on the dipstick. I'd just do this ongoing rather than fussing with a stuck drain plug which might be stripped or galled - thus possibly creating a real headache you'll then need to fix.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I agree.

Since its under a litre you can just scrounge up a large syringe, attach a piece of tube and you are away...

Make sure the engine oil isn't hot. Slightly warm helps a bit
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

First oil change to the last, have drained the oil from the cap holding the oil screen, [with scooter on side-stand]. After 10 minutes....opened the
"normal" drain plug [underneath] to see if there was any thing left.............there wasn't. Works for me........and still on the original 0 Ring.
Just have to be careful putting screen and cap back on with out damaging threads. Be sure to use a six sided socket. I use a cordless impact
wrench.........just to remove.......NOT to install.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Should have mentioned, Placed the scooter back on the center stand, to check for any additional oil left to drain.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have never had a problem with the drain plug but know that there have been members who have had problems. If you find that you can't get the drain plug off, do as mymitzi suggests... use the side drain where the oil screen is. On first oil change you need to pull the screen anyway. There won't be much, if any oil left then. Also, if your oil was truly low, you need to figure out where it went, and don't overfill, so fill it while on the centerstand.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers