Repairable or totaled

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

HQQX
Year: 2020
Color: Gray

Repairable or totaled

Post by HQQX »

Hi everyone,
this is my first ever post here and I wish it was more positive. To keep a long story short (well it was pretty short) on my way to work this morning I was on a roundabout and a guy in a BMW didn't pay attention and run into me in like 35-40 KPH thankfully I'm okay just a few scrapes and bruises but my almost new PCX took most of the damage. I took few photos while we waited for the police but since I couldn't move it they don't show much.

I'm no mechanic but handlebars are all f*ed up, the brake lever is bend, rear suspension looks pretty bad, and my guess is the whole frame is bend (not to mention pretty much all the fairing pieces need replacing).
Since it's not caused by me it's going from that's guy insurance so cost isn't an issue but since it's my only vehicle I wonder how longs its gonna take to repair or if its getting totaled (and I'm getting a new one) where I live it must cost at least 80% of the value of the vehicle to get totaled and since it's in authorized Honda dealer it's not gonna be cheap.

Anyway if you ever got into a similar accident or have any idea I'd be glad for your feedback. Stay safe and avoid small roundabouts :D
Attachments
pcx2.jpg
pcx2.jpg (397.92 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
pcx1.jpg
pcx1.jpg (195 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Repairable or totaled

Post by springer1 »

Take it to a shop and find out how bad it is and what your options are. Don’t be surprised if they say it’s totaled.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Get in touch with your insurance ASAP and they will sort out the repair, or replacement, and the claim from the other party.

You should be able to get a replacement vehicle.
Haarek
Year: 125 Forza
Color: Black

Post by Haarek »

Glad you are ok.

Where I live it is almost always cheaper for the insurance company to write off a scooter than let professionals repair it.

And even in a low speed crash there are great forces involved. Your frame/fork may have been bent. Not much you can do then, without using a lot of time and money.
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
HQQX
Year: 2020
Color: Gray

Post by HQQX »

I've contacted my insurance company right away and it's currently in Honda service I'm just kinda curious (it's the first major crash I've been in so I have no idea what could be the outcome) and a bit impatient.
Like I said since I didn't cause the accident nothing is paid from my pocket even insurance decides to repair it.
But I had a call from Honda today and it's probably totaled they can't say for sure since that decision is on the insurance.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

HQQX wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:04 am I've contacted my insurance company right away and it's currently in Honda service I'm just kinda curious (it's the first major crash I've been in so I have no idea what could be the outcome) and a bit impatient.
Like I said since I didn't cause the accident nothing is paid from my pocket even insurance decides to repair it.
But I had a call from Honda today and it's probably totaled they can't say for sure since that decision is on the insurance.
That's great then. Its in the insurers hands. I'd say you will get a payout. A repair bill from a Honda Dealer is likely to be uneconomic.
Let us know how it goes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

And have you pushed for a replacement vehicle?
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

Yikes, glad to hear it was only your scooter that suffered much. You don't mention gear at all. Was that what helped you, and is there a gear lesson you can share? Best of luck negotiating with the corporate reps, healing, and getting past this so you can be riding again.
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

this is the same accident that happened to me and I started a new thread "accident reporting" to share issues over reporting accidents like this but no one has replied.
I was going to tell my story on that other thread but HQQX your bike took a lot more damage than mine and I phoned my ins company like youyou said quick contact is advisable but in my case that quick contact turned out baaaaad
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

How did it turn out bad? I can’t see any mention of it in your other thread.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Sorry about the accident, but Really glad your scooter got the worst of it and not you HQQX. While stationed in Britain I used to cringe when driving/riding in city roundabouts. There’s an old saying from my USAF days, “Any crash landing you walk away from is a good landing”. Hope things get resolved soon for you and that you get back in the saddle on a new scoot. Cheers Mate