Any idea when the 2021 PCX will hit the USA?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vespadaddy
Year: 2021
Color: white

Any idea when the 2021 PCX will hit the USA?

Post by Vespadaddy »

I was ready to buy an ADV150 this week, but then I noticed the 2021 PCX, with the new 156 cc 4 valve motor, and the possibility of limited freeway use, given the 80 mph top speed, made me decide to wait for the PCX.

Ruh Roh! It seems covid (and perhaps political tensions in Taiwan?), have pushed back the USA rollout of this updated scooter. I'm fairly well convinced that this is the scooter for me, even if I have to wait for it. I've read that it was supposed to come here this Spring/Smmer, but the arrival has been pushed back. One local dealer told me they hope to get a couple in Sept., the other dealer said Oct. The dealer that said Sept. also said he has not been given the option to order any with ABS (Honda's page claims the scooter comes both with ABS for the front wheel, and with no ABS).

Does this square with what other US-based members have been hearing? I've still got a Ruckus I can ride until the PCX arrives, but I'm really looking forward to getting it (and the keyless, fob-enabled top case!).

Does anyone else have any intel regarding the USA rollout of the redesigned PCX ?
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Any idea when the 2021 PCX will hit the USA?

Post by ezrider »

No better, good delivery info here; but also no dealer reports, or guesses/claims, as pessimistic as yours. I hope some dealers have better prospects, but I have little experience with any of them. So: did you order one?
Vespadaddy

Post by Vespadaddy »

There doesn’t seem to be enough hard info for most dealers I have contacted to take any $$ yet. I’ve got my name on a list with one dealer. I’m pretty committed to this bike. I think I’m going to sell my Ruckus now, while the market is hot, and ride my moped until the PCX arrives. I can be patient.
mrags89

Post by mrags89 »

I have had a deposit on one for a few months now. My dealer advised initially may 14 but it got pushed back to may 27. I am hoping that I get a cal shortly. This is in Richmond Virginia.
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by fun2scoot »

I visited a dealer in Northern Virginia, only to find the showroom was uncharacteristically bare and thinking: "sales must be great" but, sadly that was not the case. They said that Honda, like most major vehicle manufacturers is being strangled for chips. vehicles are sitting in warehouses and on lots ready to go - but for; EPROMs, ECMs, ECUs, etc.
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

fun2scoot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:18 am I visited a dealer in Northern Virginia, only to find the showroom was uncharacteristically bare and thinking: "sales must be great" but, sadly that was not the case. They said that Honda, like most major vehicle manufacturers is being strangled for chips. vehicles are sitting in warehouses and on lots ready to go - but for; EPROMs, ECMs, ECUs, etc.
Always good to hear of prospects. That may be what (some?) dealers are hearing from Honda USA. Chip shortages notwithstanding, based on available videos and other reports, PCX 160s have been available in Asia dealers, at least, for months; and the also-new PCX 125 has been available in European dealers -at least, again- for months as well. It's the US (at least) that isn't getting any PCX (160s), from all reports here and elsewhere. Now, that Honda may be rationing its own chip supply according to demand/sales is very possible, and maybe it's US-destined PCXs that are sitting around (which probably is not doing them ANY good, BTW). Best to you and all hopefuls.
SantinoInc
Year: 2019
Color: Gray

Post by SantinoInc »

The 2021 will really be able to hit 80mph? Shit! If that's true I wish I didn't get this 2019!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There seem to be a lot of advertisements for the 2021 model in the United States so I would have to wonder if ANY of the dealers really do have one in stock. I even came across one or two in Cycletrader that have dealer stock numbers, which means to me that there must be one in stock.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/202 ... 5015982640

(No, it isn't really a 150cc, but I guess they didn't check their ad before posting it.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by fun2scoot »

'Oh please...OH PLEASE; just one....one little PCX to tide me over. I'm hurtin BAD man! I just need a little one...
I swear I'll do anything ya want man!
"
FrogmanDave
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Red

Post by FrogmanDave »

SantinoInc wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:12 am The 2021 will really be able to hit 80mph? Shit! If that's true I wish I didn't get this 2019!
No way in hell the 2021 will hit 80 mph. 65 will be pushing it. They are also only available in white. That is the reason I bought my 2020 in luster red last summer.
2020 PCX 150 Candy Luster Red
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SantinoInc wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:12 am The 2021 will really be able to hit 80mph? Shit! If that's true I wish I didn't get this 2019!
Of course it will. Down Pikes Peak.
Vespadaddy

Post by Vespadaddy »

Why is it so difficult to believe that a 157 cc motor with 4 valves and high compression will hit 80 or so mph? The 155 cc Yamaha SMax does...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Vespadaddy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:19 pm Why is it so difficult to believe that a 157 cc motor with 4 valves and high compression will hit 80 or so mph?
Lack of wishful thinking.
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

Vespadaddy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:19 pm Why is it so difficult to believe that a 157 cc motor with 4 valves and high compression will hit 80 or so mph? The 155 cc Yamaha SMax does...
Haven't seen that evidence for the SMAX, in practice. Maybe you're just referring to claimed speeds. I saw one vid that indicated 80 on the panel, but 72 on a GPS gauge. Another one reporting that it cracks 70 in the right conditions. I'd welcome evidence, thanks. In support, the new PCX engine is supposed to have slightly higher HP and is still about 30 pounds lighter than the SMAX: that ratio would promise higher performance and is why I'm waiting. I don't need 80 mph, but I will want nice/safe/predictable 50-70 acceleration. Owner tests should now be available for the Asian issues of the "160", BTW.
Jwm78
Color: Pearl white

Post by Jwm78 »

Had my 21 to 84 and backed off,got a lil nervous because let me tell you it felt like like 179 lol,but it still had throttle left,was not running wide open,it's only 8 days old only put 44 miles on it so far..it it will do the 80+ with no problem
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

In Europe, the gauges read high, often by %10 so you cannot get accurate measurements referring to the built in speedo's. Not sure if it's the same world-wide, but the GPS vs on bike speedo results above agree with this.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Jwm78, Great to see your performance review. It’ll be interesting to see what GPS mph looks like. I’m 2021 owner too and more people may see your interesting posts on the thread dedicated to 2021 PCX owners . Cheers from a fellow Buckeye. ~ST
FrogmanDave
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Red

Post by FrogmanDave »

Jwm78 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:44 pm Had my 21 to 84 and backed off,got a lil nervous because let me tell you it felt like like 179 lol,but it still had throttle left,was not running wide open,it's only 8 days old only put 44 miles on it so far..it it will do the 80+ with no problem
We are talking mph not km/h :D
2020 PCX 150 Candy Luster Red
Jwm78
Color: Pearl white

Post by Jwm78 »

Yes sir, MPH, Digital display is really big and super bright,it's real easy to read everything at a quick glance while cruising.. Definitely know how fast I had it on Airway road lol...I love this thing and realized been missing out for sooooo long..I Had this old Honda aero when I was young and this pcx is like a mercedes compared to that..I'm ruined now,nothing else will ever live up to this thing