Replaced my spark plug.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Replaced my spark plug.

Post by ghmpm »

I changed the plug today. With plug in hand the correct size is not 16mm, or 5/8 but it is a 14mm! Odd, I know. Anyway I replaced the stock plug with an NGK LMAR8BI-9 an iridium plug! I use them on my Silver Wing and love them. The scoot has 15299 miles on it and I am assuming the plug was never replaced. New plug installed and it works fine:
Attachments
plug.jpg
plug.jpg (101.27 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
canthai
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: Replaced my spark plug.

Post by canthai »

Iridium plugs the way to go
All my bikes, and the car wear them.
Pickup is Diesel so no need !!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

My 2014 LED PCX is still running on the original honda specced plug - best part of 30,000 miles later no issues - starts 1st time, runs like a dream, and get real mpg of 130-140mpg. I have a spare plug, just not bothered changing it as the bike runs so well.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Every time you replace a spark plug there is the potential to break the threads. I might buy an iridium and never change a plug again.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ghmpm »

My thoughts exactly! I have had iridium plugs last nearly 200K, so I will probably NEVER have to replace this one!!! Can't imagine putting 200K miles on a Forza!
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

davenowherejones wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:12 am Every time you replace a spark plug there is the potential to break the threads. I might buy an iridium and never change a plug again.
How’s that? I’ve changed tons of spark plugs and never stripped or cross threaded any. How does one “break” threads ?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Some of us have no mechanical talent. Some do.

Some of us use too big a wrench on the spark plugs. Some of the Chinese metal is softer than it should be.

Some of us are visually impaired.

A good mechanic is rare these days. If you are good, I salute you.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

davenowherejones wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm Some of us have no mechanical talent. Some do.

Some of us use too big a wrench on the spark plugs. Some of the Chinese metal is softer than it should be.

Some of us are visually impaired.

A good mechanic is rare these days. If you are good, I salute you.
Whatever ....... it doesn't take a mechanic with rare skills to change a spark plug ....... each to their own I guess.
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Rarely come across such a Doom and Gloom poster
Kinda ironic that he lives in Hope
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Some say I am negative. I personally see things as realistic.

You may hope to win the lottery but I have the ability to calculate the odds. The odds are terrible. I buy a ticket anyway.

I frequently come across people who have run out of gas. I can read a map and figure out if I have enough for likely outcomes.

At 62 I have lived an extremely varied life and done things most people would not believe. I do not do ordinary. I do not do normal.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

Hey Dave, my apologies for being so grumpy - Seriously. Enjoy your summer riding up there in the 'north land'.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

north land? All is relative. I was born in Toronto and Thunder Bay was considered Northern Ontario which is actually quite a few miles south of me in Southern British Columbia. And don't get me started on where the American Mid-West begins.

Here I don't figure the North starts until Kamloops or Prince George.

Prince George is close to the centre of the province. The real North starts in the Yukon!

All is relative. The Honda Forza is slow compared to a Honda CBR1000RR-R FIREBLADE SP but very fast compared to a Ruckus 49cc. You can never get enough "R"'s in a bike name.

My next replacement on my Forza will be the air filter. I have one here ready. I keep an anal spreadsheet on all my expenses and part usage. I mostly go by what Honda recommends. One thousand mile oil changes just seems silly.

There is a forest fire quite close to me. I live by the airport and the helicopters are busy. I might take a ride and see where it is. It is supposed to get very HOT in the next few days, 38C (100F). We almost never get 100.

I still like the idea of an Iridium spark plug. When the plug blows it is time to get a new bike. Some of the lawnmowers are like that now. No oil changes because the deck will rust out before the engine needs service. I can understand that.

I thought my circumcision as a baby had a lifetime warranty. Apparently I am scheduled to have warranty work done in the near future. Scared.

Enough of this bs. Going to watch Elon Musk build his tower of Babel in Boca Chica, Texas.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

Apparently I am scheduled to have warranty work done in the near future. Scared
I’ll keep you in prayer. Stay faithful, confident & strong bud. Been in a similar situation myself.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ghmpm »

Dave, good luck with "your" warranty work. At 68 I have some of that coming up also. As to your air filter change, just did mine. Here is a tip. The upper left screw is very hard to get to as it is covered by the plastics, an offset screwdriver works but takes some doing. I flipped out the passenger peg, measured and drilled an access hole. Almost invisible when peg is up but a long driver fits right in and makes the screw removal EASY. Good luck.
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
plivadon
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: White

Post by plivadon »

very useful info.tnx