2013 PCX - Install Shad Top Case - Honda OEM Mount - help!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

robthrax
Year: 2013
Color: Black

2013 PCX - Install Shad Top Case - Honda OEM Mount - help!

Post by robthrax »

Hi - I have been searching the forum and swear I have seen this, but I just can't find it - anyways...

I recently bought a 2013 PCX150 and wanted to gfit with a topcase. I went with the Shad 29 and got a used one with backrest and light kit for $50 (not bad).

I separately purchased the Honda mounting "plate" (doesn't look like a plate) and am struggling to see how all of this will work together.

I know I need to drill out the plastic on the grab rail to install the Honda mounting bracket, but it's completely unclear to me how to mount the Shad plate to the Honda bracket.

Should I return the Honda mounting bracket and just buy one from Shad? Do you drill holed for the shad plate to mount to the honda bracket?

Last bit is the screws that come with the Shad mounting plate are not super long - assuming not much I can do about that either but wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks in advance, and if there's an obvious existing thread or two feel free to flame me and I'll go search some more ;-)
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Re: 2013 PCX - Install Shad Top Case - Honda OEM Mount - help!

Post by mymitzi »

Yes...Attach the Shad box to the Shad mount and place it on the Honda [rack/mount/plate]. "Mark" its location close to the seat, w/o interfering
with seat opening. Remove the Shad box from mount [Shad mount] so you can align/locate it [on the markings on Honda rack] and drill.
This worked for me. Hope it helps.
robthrax
Color: Black

Post by robthrax »

Thank you. That helps. Is there an optimal position for the seat back (closer or farther back)?

You mentioned keeping it as close as you can without interfering with the seat opening/closing. Is that the beat practice?

Thanks again.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

For safety.....you want the weight as far forward as practical. On the other hand.........it comes down to making your passenger comfortable too.