Ready to cancel order: From excited and patient to bored and jaded

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Ready to cancel order: From excited and patient to bored and jaded

Post by ezrider »

Yes, I am quite close to giving up, and there are two factors that explain why the long wait is now finally exhausting me -on top of having no better idea of delivery time.
First: I originally jumped on the very first 2021 PCX that I saw listed on a dealer's website, and I've been checking on every option in my 3/4-state region. This was March and I have seen no other actual or projected inventory of this model since. In March, the next-state-over dealer was expecting only a non-ABS issue and had no prospects for an ABS one. It was an acceptable compromise to get a bike I wanted within the then-projected few-to-several weeks. After 11 weeks, the compromise is much less acceptable or justifiable to me and my family.
Second: this new PCX is a 2021 model, unlike the other new models that were released/announced around the same time; namely, the 2022 Metropolitan and Ruckus models, which are arriving at favored dealers, and the 2022 ADVs which are also still pending. So, 2021 is almost half gone, and how far into it am I willing to accept this no-frills PCX. Heck, I suspect by the time they arrive, buyers will be hesitating for this same reason and supply of even ABS will soon-enough be plentiful. I suppose Honda could simply re-name/label all issues as 2022s, or do that before long, in which case, it can be best to wait.