When is a 45° angle not level...dah

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

When is a 45° angle not level...dah

Post by Mel46 »

So my wife wanted to start a little garden recently. Our back yard runs down hill at a 45° angle. Close to the bottom there is a fence that has collected most of the run off, and good top soil. I suggested that we put the garden there because the soil there was the best in the yard. She agreed but wanted to put a wooden boundary around it to keep the dogs out. I suggested leveling it. She said that it was already level. I pointed out that the entire yard was at a 45°angle, which would mean that water would run down the hill and overflow the garden. She still insisted that it was level. I took out a real level, laid it on the ground, and showed her that it was angled. She STILL insisted that it is level. I'm an engineer. She had a few college classes before dropping out. I stopped arguing. I just hope she never builds a building, though she it talking about putting a portable building beside the garden. That should be fun to work in. I can see me chasing the lawn mower every time I put it in the building. Oh well. Wives know best. Never argue with one. You will not win. (Even if you win, you have to face their revenge when she stops doing anything in the house and tells you that you are so smart that you can figure out how to do it all yourself ...I learned that 30 years ago.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: When is a 45° angle not level...dah

Post by Mel46 »

Guess what? It rained. The yard isn't level. The water overflowed the boards around the garden. The new top soil washed out the other end. We have to redo the garden. I am not going to tell my wife that I knew it would happen. She would just get angry. We will probably just rebuild the garden the same way, again, and again, and again... until the yard straightens up and levels itself. Wait, it IS level... isn't it??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers