Main stand floppy

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mikeyb7
Year: 2015 Forza 125
Color: Grey

Main stand floppy

Post by Mikeyb7 »

Hi all,

The centre stand was becoming really stiff and I let it get so bad that the little metal point that sticks out for the flat end of the pin to hook over to prevent it spinning has sheared off.

I've bought a new pin (as i had to cut it to get the stand off) and have greased it up well and will maintain it better going forward but how do I repair the metal point? It's part of the engine casing so I don't think it's easy to replace? To try and help describe it better, looking at the image below, it's the flat end of the pin (number 3) where the hole top right slides over.

I have the little metal point that sheared off still, is it feasible to get it welded back on?

Man thanks,
Mike
canthai
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: Main stand floppy

Post by canthai »

Find someone who can GTAW - problem solved
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

someone on a Forza drilled through and used a bolt/nut in it's place - not sure if that is ok for the pcx unless it is not entering the engine housing itself.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Maybe clean the surface real well..........try a dab of JB Weld [stronger variety].
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 am someone on a Forza drilled through and used a bolt/nut in it's place - not sure if that is ok for the pcx unless it is not entering the engine housing itself.
The Forza 300 uses a bolt to locate the centrestand pin endplate instead of the cast-in lug.
Should be possible to drill a small hole, thread it and insert a bolt.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong