Road Trip

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Macca187
Year: 2021
Color: Grey

Road Trip

Post by Macca187 »

Hello guys I've just bought a brand new honda pcx 2021 and getting it delivered to me very soon would this be a ideal moped to go on a road trip I would be going from UK to holland, I'm new to mopeds I can't wait for it to come :D ?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Road Trip

Post by Jge64 »

Just keep in mind that if you’re on any of the main interstate type roads above 100 km an hour, you’re going to get blown around, esp by -assign trucks. Also your max top speed is 100 to 120 km/h, sometimes that’s not enough if you’re on any of these major thoroughfare‘s. Try to stay off the interstate as much as possible and you’ll have a fine trip.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Hello. PCX is a scooter, not a moped. No pedals or hints their of.

Agree with comments above, if you are on calm and slow roads and you have time, that's a perfect scooter for the job.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Macca187 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:06 pm Hello guys I've just bought a brand new honda pcx 2021 and getting it delivered to me very soon would this be a ideal moped to go on a road trip I would be going from UK to holland, I'm new to mopeds I can't wait for it to come :D ?
Excellent. Post some pictures when you get it. And the road trip too :D :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

A Honda PCX, either a 125cc or a 150cc, is a great little bike for casual rides and city riding. It is not a freeway/expressway bike. It is too light to handle the fast traffic on open roads. Taking it on back roads, though, is ideal as long as you don't have to ride wide open throttle (wot) all the time. I have taken mine on long rides on the back country roads here where the speed limit is 45 to 55 mph. The bike can run at those speeds all day without taxing the engine. Just keep that in mind, test your riding comfort in advance, and go on your trip.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Mel46 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 am A Honda PCX, either a 125cc or a 150cc, is a great little bike for casual rides and city riding. It is not a freeway/expressway bike. It is too light to handle the fast traffic on open roads. Taking it on back roads, though, is ideal as long as you don't have to ride wide open throttle (wot) all the time. I have taken mine on long rides on the back country roads here where the speed limit is 45 to 55 mph. The bike can run at those speeds all day without taxing the engine. Just keep that in mind, test your riding comfort in advance, and go on your trip.
+1
Macca187

Post by Macca187 »

Mel46 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 am A Honda PCX, either a 125cc or a 150cc, is a great little bike for casual rides and city riding. It is not a freeway/expressway bike. It is too light to handle the fast traffic on open roads. Taking it on back roads, though, is ideal as long as you don't have to ride wide open throttle (wot) all the time. I have taken mine on long rides on the back country roads here where the speed limit is 45 to 55 mph. The bike can run at those speeds all day without taxing the engine. Just keep that in mind, test your riding comfort in advance, and go on your trip.
Thank you very much for your reply yes it will mainly be back country roads I wont be going on any motorways either
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Macca187 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm
Thank you very much for your reply yes it will mainly be back country roads I wont be going on any motorways either
Interesting trip. Are you doing it this year?
Macca187

Post by Macca187 »

you you wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 am
Macca187 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm
Interesting trip. Are you doing it this year?
Yes I want to like just all depends on the situations
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

Sounds like a great plan and ride. Plenty have done that and more on bicycles and smaller scooters. You'll have a great one on a PCX of either variety. Best of luck, enjoy it and everyone you'll meet along the way, capture your memories in one or more modes, and be sure to tell us all about it.
Macca187

Post by Macca187 »

ezrider wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:17 pm Sounds like a great plan and ride. Plenty have done that and more on bicycles and smaller scooters. You'll have a great one on a PCX of either variety. Best of luck, enjoy it and everyone you'll meet along the way, capture your memories in one or more modes, and be sure to tell us all about it.
Thanks bro its getting delivered today I can not wait :D