PCX Essential upgrades video

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

jrewillis
Year: 2019
Color: Red

PCX Essential upgrades video

Post by jrewillis »

Hi all

Hope you guys find this useful
https://youtu.be/3NH6qxxavxA

Feedback welcomed.

John
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: PCX Essential upgrades video

Post by springer1 »

Welcome aboard & Nice video! Thanks for helping owners figure things out ! Only thing I'd add is how much of an improvement a used set of CB500 mirrors are. Do a search in the archives and theres a lot of info.
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

has anyone used those Oxford hand covers or something like them? Are they effective? I like to ride as long as possible through the seasons and the one thing I haven't been able to keep warm are my hands.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

CTPCX wrote:has anyone used those Oxford hand covers or something like them? Are they effective? I like to ride as long as possible through the seasons and the one thing I haven't been able to keep warm are my hands.
Off OP's topic here, but
Found muffs to be almost dangerous to use in city traffic. Took them off after a few days. Some swear by them, though.
I found that (rechargeable) 7V battery heated glove liners, worn under leather gauntlets, will keep my hands comfortable for a few hours of all-winter riding here in Ohio. Use medium or high setting when below 30° F. Have worn them on a 3°F ride to work.
Currently using Gerbing. $99. Expect @3 winters out of them before wires break. Cents per ride.
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi John, Thanks for sharing your video :) Well done!
I took the liberty of moving your thread and "showing your video." I feel it will be viewed more here under accessories.

Thieves make our lives miserable in "soo many ways!" It's such a pity to spend so much $$, put so much effort and time into securing ones bike. Will you worry less? I wonder. With my personality, my answer would be: no. I'd still be concerned.
I tip my hat to you for taking the measures you have.

May I ask, have you upgraded/maxed out your scoots theft insurance? Can you add a security camera in the isle of your entrance? And an "upper" wall mounted light that detects motion? Got a dog? :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

thanks for the info Fish. I think you are probably right about going with heated gloves instead of the cuffs.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

For all of you who would like to add a wifi camera but have not power outlet, here is the camera I have installed in my carport. No wires whatsoever. The camera is held in place by a magnetic ball. When I adjusted it initially, I first installed the app on my phone. Then I looked at my phone as I adjusted where I wanted it to be aimed. The higher the camera is, the less likely a thief will be able to reach the camera, if they even notice it.

There is a way to continually record, either to a Cloud account or to an sd card, but I just have mine set up to view when packages are dropped off, so you may have to do some reading and experimenting. Otherwise, it is a great little camera.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i bought joe rocket heated gloves ive used them a few times already but ill have to wait till it gets colder to report how good they work
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

CTPCX wrote:has anyone used those Oxford hand covers or something like them? Are they effective? I like to ride as long as possible through the seasons and the one thing I haven't been able to keep warm are my hands.
I've used universal Oxford ones in the past.
They can be difficult to set up so that they don't interfere with the controls.
Air pressure forces them back, activating the clutch/brake levers.
A set of Tucano Urbano ones which attach to the bar end weights should be better.
There's even a Tucano Urbano model for use with handguards, so definitely won't interfere with controls.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

I love mine. They have basically allowed me to continue riding to 0 c easily.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi John, Thanks for sharing your video :) Well done!
I took the liberty of moving your thread and "showing your video." I feel it will be viewed more here under accessories.

Thieves make our lives miserable in "soo many ways!" It's such a pity to spend so much $$, put so much effort and time into securing ones bike. Will you worry less? I wonder. With my personality, my answer would be: no. I'd still be concerned.
I tip my hat to you for taking the measures you have.

May I ask, have you upgraded/maxed out your scoots theft insurance? Can you add a security camera in the isle of your entrance? And an "upper" wall mounted light that detects motion? Got a dog? :D
Yeah I've maxed my insurance out. Also have a ground anchor and a 10ft high gate at home. Along with CCTV front and rear.

I hope they'll just go to the next more easily nickable bike/scoot.
Deman
Year: 2020 PCX 125eps
Color: Matte Blue

Post by Deman »

I have something like that that I use for year-round commuting here in Korea, even below -10°C. If it's above 0°, I don’t even wear gloves with them. I got a neoprene set from Raver for under $25, my wife was horrified as her PVC one (more similar to the Oxfords pictured) were under $15.
towdie
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Post by towdie »

Nice video
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

towdie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pmNice video
Thanks dude
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Great video.

For me, with an older PCX, the three essentials would be..

Seat hump removal
Screen
Heated grips
Kick-start conversion
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

Interesting. I’ve never been bothered about kick start. I’ve also never needed grips - heated gloves are better IMO.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jrewillis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:48 pm Interesting. I’ve never been bothered about kick start. I’ve also never needed grips - heated gloves are better IMO.
I've never tried heated gloves. I might give it a go. Thing about the grips is they are there if you need them.