Rough feeling on deceleration

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Rough feeling on deceleration

Post by outlander »

Today I reduced my speed from 60mph and there is a new feeling. Whenever decelerating above 55 there is a rough feeling coming from low down. It's hard to tell what it is

I removed the variator cover and everything looked ok. The belt has been recently replaced. Accelerating is fine, it just as soon as you reduce throttle it feels like a vibrating rubbing feeling.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Rough feeling on deceleration

Post by fish »

New belt slapping the cover on deceleration?
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

If it happed just after the belt was replaced it’s likely the two things are connected...
outlander
Regular User
Regular User

Post by outlander »

The belt has been on there 2000 miles.

Last week when I pressed the start button it failed to turn over twice and then died after start up. It has been fine since then.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User

Post by outlander »

I removed the variator casing again. Belt, weights are all fine. Clutch bell is good, no signs of anything broken.

I took the scooter for a ride and the vibrations come at around 30 mph whether accelerating or decelerating. I'm wondering if it's the cam chain tensioner.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Try putting it up on the stand and see when (rpm) this vibration occurs at. See if its consistent all the time and look and listen for any abnormalities . Start there.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Whenever decelerating above 55 there is a rough feeling coming from low down. It's hard to tell what it is
Remove the sandpaper from the seat cover. It's like the dog said when he sat on 100 grit .... "Rough !"
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

How many miles on the bike? Maybe the clutch pulleys are hanging and causing extra belt vibrations? Disassemble Clutch assembly and inspect the slide and pin the pulleys ride on.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
outlander
Regular User
Regular User

Post by outlander »

Update on this issue. I had put the Pcx on the centerstand and accelerated but I couldn't replicate the fault.

The clutch pulleys looked fine. I ordered a replacement driven face with new wheel bearings and the issue is still there.

The scooter will ride fine at town speeds. Once I get about 55mph and let off the throttle completely there is a vibrating on deceleration regardless of the speed. Once I come to a stop and then set off it is gone. It only begins once you get up to a high speed.

I want to say it feels like the belt but the belt looks fine and is properly installed, the boss is free from dirt or anything.