Got to ride the ADV150

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Got to ride the ADV150

Post by honkerman »

I know this is the PCX forum, but there isn't one here for the Honda ADV150, so I figured, this is the best place I can think of to post since it's still a new scooter, I'll just put the post here. Hope that's ok. Anyway, they just got three in yesterday, sold one already, and I got to ride one of the two remaining examples. oh boy. oh boy!

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Got to ride the ADV150

Post by fish »

Rare USA dealer giving test rides.
Fish
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

fish wrote:Rare USA dealer giving test rides.
Fish
Indeed, but I have a good relationship with the sales manager and he lets me review bikes on occasion so long as I give them a plug. :)
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

I know it was a short test ride but did you notice any difference in the suspension/shocks compared to the PCX? It is one of the points that would make me want one. That and the ABS.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

CTPCX wrote:I know it was a short test ride but did you notice any difference in the suspension/shocks compared to the PCX? It is one of the points that would make me want one. That and the ABS.
From what I could tell the scooter feels planted. Due to the limited allowed length of my ride and the newness of the machine, I didn't think it wise to take it on the grass or off-road at all. It's hard to tell with such a short run; however, I didn't even notice any discomfort from the Rump hump on the seat. It felt very comfortable to me, and I think that is a good indication that the suspension is better. those showa shocks seem pretty decent despite not being adjustable.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Paul :) No worries, easy to move. Now over on "Other Bikes." There are other related threads to this Newbie there too.

Paul you're the first to test ride an ADV150 in the USA and report on one 8) I've been wondering when dealers would get them. So, Thanks for sharing! I wish Honda would've sent this scoot in White...or a Color! Geez, we get Black/Silver.
HONDA, Next year maybe?

As your video passenger :D I wish my ride were longer too. There are questions that will go unanswered. Get up and go power. Mid power. Top end. No can do, BREAK-in belongs to Buyer.
You showed R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (Shucks! :lol: )
You've modded your '15 PCX quite a bit anywho, so comparing the two 150 powers might be off? I dunno.
One day I'll grab my mask 'n gloves and step inside Honda to take a peek. I might have to call ahead to make an appt (due to Covid).

Like fish said, dealers won't let us test ride bikes here. But when I go to look at this one, and if I want one, I'm pushing hard to test one. :? What if I were interested in a Goldwing? Would I not get a test ride? You're joking right? Bub-bye. No Sale!

CanAm let's ya test ride By appt. (and sometimes on the spot), and they're costly machines. I'll be testing a New Ryker and CA's New MotherShip one of these days.

What I'm wanting to read: "Honda is sending their X-ADV 300 to the USA Late Fall 2020 - Happy Holidays!" 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Non Adjust Showa shocks? Honda fail......not even pre-load?
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Paul :) No worries, easy to move. Now over on "Other Bikes." There are other related threads to this Newbie there too.
I almost just posted it here, but since it is so similar to the PCX, I wasn't sure
WhiteNoise wrote:Paul you're the first to test ride an ADV150 in the USA and report on one 8) I've been wondering when dealers would get them. So, Thanks for sharing! I wish Honda would've sent this scoot in White...or a Color! Geez, we get Black/Silver.
HONDA, Next year maybe?
The color isn't bad, but I'd be adding some orange touches. They seem to help a little. My PCX is nicely oranged up and my car came that way. :D
WhiteNoise wrote:As your video passenger :D I wish my ride were longer too. There are questions that will go unanswered. Get up and go power. Mid power. Top end. No can do, BREAK-in belongs to Buyer.
You showed R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (Shucks! :lol: )
You've modded your '15 PCX quite a bit anywho, so comparing the two 150 powers might be off? I dunno.
One day I'll grab my mask 'n gloves and step inside Honda to take a peek. I might have to call ahead to make an appt (due to Covid).
I try to treat others as I would want to be treated. If i'm buying a new vehicle, I want it to be truly new and not abused by some dork who wanted a joy ride. It did feel pretty smooth, and seemed to pull a little better than my PCX. I was surprised how quick it was to 35.
WhiteNoise wrote:Like fish said, dealers won't let us test ride bikes here. But when I go to look at this one, and if I want one, I'm pushing hard to test one. :? What if I were interested in a Goldwing? Would I not get a test ride? You're joking right? Bub-bye. No Sale!

CanAm let's ya test ride By appt. (and sometimes on the spot), and they're costly machines. I'll be testing a New Ryker and CA's New MotherShip one of these days.
Yeah, It's nice to have an in with the dealer. and I can understand why they don't just let anyone test ride the vehicles. Just the same, it's hard to judge how much you'll like something if you can't take it for a spin.
WhiteNoise wrote:What I'm wanting to read: "Honda is sending their X-ADV 300 to the USA Late Fall 2020 - Happy Holidays!" 8)

Wouldn't that be nice :)
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Jge64 wrote:Non Adjust Showa shocks? Honda fail......not even pre-load?
It would be nice, but yeah, I looked at the shocks with Kevin, the sales manager at Lancaster Honda, prior to my ride and there is no preload adjustment.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A review from late 2019 on the ADV 150.

Interesting observations as well . . ..

I'm not so sure it exactly matches the U.S. model. Do I see a rear disc brake?

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

track and trail near state college had one in stock it wasent there long so far there hard to find i guess you could order one
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

In Thailand, only the front brake is ABS. I'll pass. u
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

ADV 150 scoots showing up in stock in Rhode Island now . . ..

https://www.razeemotorcycle.com/invento ... -10637470i
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

im thinking about it but i already have 4 scooters 5 might be to much plus where i live theres not much of a scooter market selling one of my 4 would be hard
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

im thinking about it but i already have 4 scooters 5 might be to much plus where i live theres not much of a scooter market selling one of my 4 would be hard
Finding the time to use them all is the problem.

Somewhere along the way as the number of scooters and bikes pile up you morph from enthusiast to museum curator. :lol:

Here's what I call a "Field of Dreams" . . . or should I say "Field of Forgotten Dreams". :roll:

Any day on a motorcycle or scooter is better than a day at work. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

honkerman turn around :P now there's an ADV150 forum!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MicBergsma
Year: 2017
Color: white 150

Post by MicBergsma »

Man, I am jealous haha, I hope to see some out here in Maui
Mitch's Scooter Stuff
YouTube - http://bit.ly/MitchScooterChannel
Instagram - http://bit.ly/2fB8gay