2019 Honda PCX 150 Smart Key System Upgrade

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Phillyscooter
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

2019 Honda PCX 150 Smart Key System Upgrade

Post by Phillyscooter »

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2019 Honda PCX 150. I was disappointed mine did not come with the smart key system and instead had a traditional keyed ignition. I would like to upgrade to the smart key system but I am having a hard time finding oem part numbers for the system. I was only able to find aftermarket systems from China. Does anyone know where I can find the oem part for this upgrade?

Thanks,
-PS
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: 2019 Honda PCX 150 Smart Key System Upgrade

Post by Gil »

I have also been on this quest, but for my 2013 Honda PCX. One can buy the switch and control unit, but the wiring harness is the hard part, at least for my 2013.

I found the key parts on bikerzbits.com. These are for the 2018 model, i'm sure they have them for the new one.

The switch
https://bikerzbits.com/honda-35101-k35-v31.html

The control unit with key
https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-150-sm ... 6-t31.html

For your model you would probably have to add the whole scooter wiring harness, I think. Total cost is about 600 USD without labor. In Vietnam they do sell an aftermarket adapter harness to use the OEM switch and control unit, but finding a seller has been hard.

I guess it's up too you on how $bad$ you want keyless ignition.

gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Interesting, the guy I’m dealing with from eBay selling Chinese parts assured me that it is plug and play to install. He won’t send me a copy of the instructions before purchasing. I really need to see how easy/hard it is to install. I understand why he doesn’t want me to have a copy of the instructions. I won’t buy it until either someone else installs it and posts the instructions or if I can get the instructions and judge for myself how easy or hard it is. I would write a full install instructions with pictures. I know there are quite a few people interested in this. I wonder if I can get the ignition switch in exchange for a full install and review.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

Rickjds wrote:Interesting, the guy I’m dealing with from eBay selling Chinese parts assured me that it is plug and play to install.

I think yours should be plug and play. My stock ignition switch only had a two prong plug/socket, that's why I had to do some DIY.

Here is a post on my install, to my 2013 PCX. I didn't take many pictures unfortunately.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11105

Gil
ImageImage
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

An aftermarket kit will work for you, instead of buying the OEM parts by themselves. Here is an Aliexpress kit that should work with your scooter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 5613%23492
ImageImage