Unretired from retiring from motorcycles

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Unretired from retiring from motorcycles

Post by gn2 »

mikeoc wrote:Were the earlier Forza 300s that much less powered than the current models? I have a 2020 model, which I thought has pretty much the same engine as the earlier ones but with a few tweaks to improve performance and efficiency, but I am still surprised to hear that the earlier ones struggled to get to or maintain a motorway speed @ 70mph (obviously with some dependence on weather/incline etc).
The original Forza 300 had the same engine the current Forza 300 does.
It could get up to 85-88 eventually.
Mine could sustain 75mph uphill into a headwind.
It was perfectly OK for UK motorways.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

easyrider wrote:You can push the forza to 70 mph, but its screaming.. 60 mph is a relaxing smooth ride.. After 65 it gets a little jumpy and in a wind moreso.I would recommend a heavier bike for US interstates where large trucks are normally doing 80 mph.
:o 80 m/h that is about 128 km/h o_O Here in Europe, at least in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, the maximum speed for a truck is 80 km/h that is about 50 m/h, no wonder you guys are scared of trucks :?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I live in the area where they make the TV program "Highway Thru Hell"

I have been at several of the wrecks. I don't think I caused any of them. Not sure.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I have been at several of the wrecks. I don't think I caused any of them. Not sure.
Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I live in the area where they make the TV program "Highway Thru Hell"

Never had an accident but seen thousands :lol: