Added an extension on my extended windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Added an extension on my extended windscreen

Post by vito »

I found that the minimal windscreen on my stock 2019 PCX150 was useless for blocking any of the wind, especially when going over 50 mph. So I changed out the windscreen for the much, much taller National Cycle windscreen. But despite its size, that screen still does not block the bulk of the wind and makes wearing an open face helmet problematic. So based upon the advice of folks here on the forum, I ordered an extension piece from Ebay and just got around to putting it together and attaching it to the screen on the scooter. I won't get to see how well it works until Spring as the scooter is put away for the cold winter months, but it sure raises the total height of the windscreen to a very high level. Its just about 8 inches wide and about 3 inches high, but I am hoping it makes a significant difference.

FWIW, assembling this extension was quite interesting. The instructions are in English, barely, and were only partially helpful. I think I ended up getting it put together properly, but I'll know for sure when I get it out in the wind and hopefully this extension will not fly off into the unknown. Without a doubt t he authors of the instructions know more English that I know Chinese, but it is amusing to try to decipher their English into something I can understand and follow.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Added an extension on my extended windscreen

Post by you you »

vito wrote:I found that the minimal windscreen on my stock 2019 PCX150 was useless for blocking any of the wind, especially when going over 50 mph. So I changed out the windscreen for the much, much taller National Cycle windscreen. But despite its size, that screen still does not block the bulk of the wind and makes wearing an open face helmet problematic. So based upon the advice of folks here on the forum, I ordered an extension piece from Ebay and just got around to putting it together and attaching it to the screen on the scooter. I won't get to see how well it works until Spring as the scooter is put away for the cold winter months, but it sure raises the total height of the windscreen to a very high level. Its just about 8 inches wide and about 3 inches high, but I am hoping it makes a significant difference.

FWIW, assembling this extension was quite interesting. The instructions are in English, barely, and were only partially helpful. I think I ended up getting it put together properly, but I'll know for sure when I get it out in the wind and hopefully this extension will not fly off into the unknown. Without a doubt t he authors of the instructions know more English that I know Chinese, but it is amusing to try to decipher their English into something I can understand and follow.

Finest Chinglais
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Here is a thought for you. If you have a leaf blower, aim it at the newly installed extension and blast away. If it doesn't move, you assembled it correctly. It is better to find out in advance rather than chase parts down the open road. Make sure the nuts can't vibrate loose by using Loctite on them as well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

Good idea about the leafblower, but I won't use Loctite, at least not now. If this ugly extension piece does not make a significant difference I will remove it and chuck it in the trash.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT