I need advice on programming a new smartkey

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

AsokPCX
Year: 2017
Color: Black/Orange

I need advice on programming a new smartkey

Post by AsokPCX »

So I lost my smartkey last week on the way home. Anyway long story short the seller found the second smartkey and I ordered a new smartkey from Honda.

I want to programme the new key so I have a spare in case it happens again.

Ive watched the indonesian videos on Youtube and kind of have an understanding of what to do.

My issue is I dont have the original smartkey code, the new smartkey has come with a code though.

Can I use the code from the new one or should I try to find the code from the original.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: I need advice on programming a new smartkey

Post by Gil »

It might take a while to get a reply, since we never got the keyless ignition in the US.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: I need advice on programming a new smartkey

Post by iceman »

To my knowledge, only dealers can help with that - otherwise a lot of the security of these keyless ignitions is lost.

From FB groups, in the UK it costs near £200 to get replacement keys and programming - another reason why I do not want it and think it's pointless - a little less hassle not having to get the key out and perhaps forget it's in the lock (put a coloured key tag on it then), but very costly if you lose the key(s).