Brake pad recommendation.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Brake pad recommendation.

Post by op3l »

Looking for brake pads that gives more initial "bite" than the stock offering. Any suggestions?
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Brake pad recommendation.

Post by alx123 »

Currently using a brand named BENDIX on both my rear and front brakes. The rear brake shoe is where the improvement in feel is noticeable for me.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
bongski
Year: 2018
Color: Silver

Post by bongski »

op3l wrote:Looking for brake pads that gives more initial "bite" than the stock offering. Any suggestions?
I am using Elig brake pads on the front caliper and JVT brake shoe on the rear and surely gives more grab than stock pads/shoe.

Also using Bendix brake pads on the front caliper on my Super 8 125 scooter and i might say it does its purpose well
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I have my 2nd set of EBC pads on the front - 1st did not last anywhere near what I got on Honda originals as they lasted near 14,000 miles! (true figure). Grip wise I can't say they are worse or better, but judging by recommendations above, stay clear of the non organic EBC pads - they are cheap but nothing special.
Chris753
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018

Post by Chris753 »

I too use EBC pads on the front. EBC sintered specifically. They are really just replacements for the stock, I didn't notice any increased braking performance, however it is nice to have no brake dust accumulation...maybe something to consider if you are really particular on the looks of your bike, it is a noticeable difference especially when you get your hands down there to check tire PSI...atleast it was for me.
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

Chris753 wrote:I too use EBC pads on the front. EBC sintered specifically. They are really just replacements for the stock, I didn't notice any increased braking performance, however it is nice to have no brake dust accumulation...maybe something to consider if you are really particular on the looks of your bike, it is a noticeable difference especially when you get your hands down there to check tire PSI...atleast it was for me.
That's disappointing to hear. I was also looking at the EBC sintered pads and based off their material it seems like it's a higher performing brake pad. Thought it'd have more bite to it. Thank you guys for the feedback and suggestions.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

EBC make scooter pads and those more suited for sports bikes - I just got the regular scooter kind off Ebay and delivered for £11 whereas my dealer wanted £20 for the same EBC's.

They do not seem to last as long as the original Honda's but even my Honda bike dealer did not stock them, and would order them for around £22 or so.

The EBC's work fine, so a toss up on what to get. No pad should be bad, just some last longer and may perform slightly better.