Fuel reserve/range gauge

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Fuel reserve/range gauge

Post by mikeoc »

Hey everyone, so I went ahead and traded in my Integra for a brand new 70 plate Forza 300. The only thing I'm missing is the instant torque/acceleration from a standstill, but once it's going it's perfectly at home even on the motorway and the other positives are worth that trade off - lighter weight, better fuel economy, better practicality/storage, better lights for night riding, I even find it corners better than the Integra overall (guess I'm no longer fighting with the weight) - it's a great all rounder and very happy. Just about getting. used to those wing mirrors, if anyone has any tips for better rear (behind me) visibility that would be appreciated.

Quick question - currently getting around 95mpg, which is great! On the Integra, the last fuel bar would flash when it hit 10 litres, and I knew there were 4 litres in reserve so had a rough idea of how many miles were left. On the Forza, when the last fuel bar flashes, how much fuel is in reserve, and is the range accurate? My range suggested 35 miles left, so I figured maybe 1.5 litres in reserve but. thought good idea to check.

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Fuel reserve/range gauge

Post by davenowherejones »

Please put your model & year in the Profile so we know which scooter you own.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My experience with previous model suggests the fuel computer will be 100% accurate.
The Forza fuel tank is 2.5 gallons, so brim the tank, zero the trip, when the trip mileage gets to double the value of the trip average MPG, you will have half the average MPG remaining.
e.g.
Average mpg - 90
Distance gone - 180
Miles remaining - 45
I used this method successfully for the three and a half years I had a Forza.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Thanks for comparison with Integra, I always thought that was a much better bike with bigger wheels and more power ...

As for wing mirrors, one option is to just buy pair of new or used CB500X mirrors, straight swap , very similar but they extend out more, check accessories thread for photos....

As for fuel, I have old model and do as previous post mentioned, very accurate that way, not relying on the fuel gauge...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Austins wrote:As for wing mirrors, one option is to just buy pair of new or used CB500X mirrors, straight swap , very similar but they extend out more, check accessories thread for photos....

As for fuel, I have old model and do as previous post mentioned, very accurate that way, not relying on the fuel gauge...
OP has revised model Forza which has body-mount mirrors.
You can get extenders which sit between body and mirror for most bikes/scooters.
Fuel tank size is the same so measuring technique described will work.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

gn2 wrote: OP has revised model Forza which has body-mount mirrors.
... .

Well spotted, OP forget my comment about mirrors, that is for old models...
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

davenowherejones wrote:Please put your model & year in the Profile so we know which scooter you own.
It is a new Forza 300 registered this month. The "70" is the new registration in the UK from September 1st, 2020. The registration year number actually alters every 6 months in the UK.
mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

gn2 wrote:My experience with previous model suggests the fuel computer will be 100% accurate.
The Forza fuel tank is 2.5 gallons, so brim the tank, zero the trip, when the trip mileage gets to double the value of the trip average MPG, you will have half the average MPG remaining.
e.g.
Average mpg - 90
Distance gone - 180
Miles remaining - 45
I used this method successfully for the three and a half years I had a Forza.
Sounds good to me, I always zero the trip, so thanks. Just tried to book the 600 mile service in at the dealer I bought it at, they could offer me 9th October... :roll:
Austins wrote:Thanks for comparison with Integra, I always thought that was a much better bike with bigger wheels and more power ....
The Integra is great at many things, and mine was good for 40000 miles 8) You don't feel the weight when riding, but with the engine off, it's a lump (243 kilos) and I always had to be mindful about where/how I parked it. It was also never particularly intuitive cornering, whereas the Forza is absolutely glued to the road, such a different experience. One amendment to the above where I said the Forza was great on the motorway - just spent an hour on a very windy M25, that wasn't so much fun :D I think the Forza 300 would be the perfect machine with a bit more power (I hear a new engine is on the way?) and a bit more height to the windscreen.
thegoony
Year: 2020
Color: Grey Forza 300

Post by thegoony »

mikeoc wrote: The Integra is great at many things, and mine was good for 40000 miles 8) You don't feel the weight when riding, but with the engine off, it's a lump (243 kilos) and I always had to be mindful about where/how I parked it. It was also never particularly intuitive cornering, whereas the Forza is absolutely glued to the road, such a different experience. One amendment to the above where I said the Forza was great on the motorway - just spent an hour on a very windy M25, that wasn't so much fun :D I think the Forza 300 would be the perfect machine with a bit more power (I hear a new engine is on the way?) and a bit more height to the windscreen.
I'm doing exactly the same, trading in my 2018 Integra for a Forza 300, changover this Saturday. Agree the Integra is a great bike, very underated, but its weight and lack of storage is a proper pain, moving the bike to do maintenance etc, hard work with the weight. So looking forward to not messing about with chains too lol.
Current Ride: Forza 300 Matt Grey
Previous Rides: Honda Integra 750, Kawasaki AR125, Sinnis Phoenix 50, Honda NC750S