An Early Winter Storm on the Horizon

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

An Early Winter Storm on the Horizon

Post by Old Grinner »

I was able to get a few pics taken today at some local spots near where I live. You'll probably recognize them from images I've posted before but today it's all about the sky.

According to the forecast it's supposed to start as rain today, leading to heavier rain overnight into tomorrow morning (possible 2 inches here), accompanied by wind with gusts in the 45 to 50 MPH range, finishing with a slight coating of wet snow along the coast and 3 to 5 inches inland in higher elevations. This will be another storm that will be part of a string of storms lately that have caused wide spread power outages and tree damage. It adds a whole new meaning to the game of "Pick Up Sticks" when it comes to yard maintenance. :o o_O :?

I felt fortunate to take advantage of the near 50 F. temps today and get a good ride in before the sky opens up . . ..

Years ago I used to canoe out in the marsh (shown in the first few pictures) and sail in the cove in the pics following. I'm hoping to get out there again next Spring and Summer in my kayak. :D
100_8222a.jpg
100_8226a.jpg
100_8228a.jpg
100_8230a.jpg
100_8231a.jpg
100_8232a.jpg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: An Early Winter Storm on the Horizon

Post by Mel46 »

Looking at the sky and the bending grass, I would say that Winter is on its way. That may be one of your last rides this year. I live "Down South" and it is 35°F here, so I suspect that it is cold up there as well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers