Happy Thanksgiving 2020

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Happy Thanksgiving 2020

Post by Old Grinner »

Wow . . . T-Day in 2020 . . . I guess we are all getting experienced this year. :roll:

Mask on . . . mask off . . . shovel it in with a grin . . . then mask on agin'. :lol:

Some pics of "First Encounter Beach" at high tide on Cape Cod, MA. This is where the Pilgrims first saw Native Americans . . .. The location is on the "Bay Side" of Cape Cod.

Additional info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastham,_Massachusetts
100_0920b.jpg
100_0921b.jpg
100_0922b.jpg
100_0923b.jpg
100_0925b.jpg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2020

Post by Mel46 »

I hope we have a "normal" Thanksgiving next year. There is hope, but hope alone won't do it. We need to work together to get this virus under control.

Unfortunately, at least in my county, many people simply refuse to believe that Covid-19 is real.

We had to go out to the store yesterday and at least 50% of the patrons did NOT have a mask on...and they dared store personnel to do anything about it, even though there were big signs everywhere informing them that store policy now requires EVERYONE to wear a mask while in their store!

We then stopped at a Dunking for coffee...(takeout, because there were 10 cars waiting in line at the drive-thru)...and counted 10 people inside waiting in line without masks...that is, NO ONE BUT US HAD A MASK ON! ...So we left.

Then we went to a pharmacy to get my wife's new medication. Same problem.
...and the hardware store. Same problem.
...and the grocery store. Same problem.

What is wrong with people?!!

I WANT to be around for Thanksgiving next year. I want to enjoy my grandkids. (By the way, our grandkids and their parents are once again on vacation elsewhere, traveling to various resorts throughout the Eastern part of the United States, with little regard for this virus.)

Just be aware, and be safe. PLEASE.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Unfortunately, at least in my county, many people simply refuse to believe that Covid-19 is real.
In my area I'd say for the "most part" that people generally do wear a mask when appropriate. But I still see people who are pushing their luck in certain situations not wearing them (small groups of joggers for example).

What I find annoying are those who continue to ignore the "arrows" marked on the floors in stores for traffic flow.

It's like being on a "One Way" street and you see someone coming in the wrong direction and when you inform them the arrows point in the other direction they just don't care. They must think they are entitled to go about without any regard for other's safety let alone their own. Or, they are just plain STUPID!!! :roll:

I'd like to see a $10,000 fine place on those idiots. ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

... I once read that we only have control over our own actions, and with that comes the responsibility of not harming others through those actions.

It is interesting to see how many people are not only selfish, but also thoughtless.

If you do not believe that masks will help you, do not force your beliefs onto others. You may survive Covid-19. They may not. Who are you, to believe that you have a right to give Covid-19 to others, with a good possibility that they will not be as lucky as you believe that you will be if you get it?

For the sake of others, please wear a mask when in public.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers