Pearl red splendour paint

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

blazindata
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Pearl red splendour paint

Post by blazindata »

I've had some issues trying to paint match my bike having parked on a slope, turned around and it rolled off the side stand, bounced off my shin and hit the ground. My former scooter wouldn't have done this as it had a parking brake. Anyway, there were a few scratches so I ordered paint for my 2019 model from rs bike paint Ltd in the uk. For £54 I got a tin of solvent silver base coat and a tin of solvent top coat. I prepared the areas, applied primer, base coat and one coat of top coat. It looked burgundy and the paint spat from the can. I employed a professional who applied 3 coats and a clear coat and it still looked burgundy.
Next I visited Granlyns in west brom who matched the colour with a camera and supplied water based red base coat (not silver) and a red dye top coat in tins. I employed the same sprayer who gave me a colour match that I was very happy with. RS state the sprayer used their paint incorrectly as it should have produced an exact match when done professionally, though presumably that doesnt explain the can spitting as my sprayer had to decant the paint as the same thing happened to him. My point of posting this, whatever the rights and wrongs, is to suggest a paint match is done by camera. I couldn't do this at the time due to lockdown, so should have waited. Cheers Steve.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: Pearl red splendour paint

Post by Conelite »

Would it be cheaper to simply replace the plastics already painted?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Pearl red splendour paint

Post by gn2 »

Never park facing downhill.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong