powerbypcx seats?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: powerbypcx seats?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beneficial!
Your pics really put things into perspective! Visuals are the best :P (alongside experience) ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have an entirely different seat from powerbypcx.com but the one thing I noticed was that the plastic frame was different from what is on the 150. That may be the reason it can be modified to so many different formats. We bought the one that sits very low because my wife is short. Some of the other seats are made so a person can sit further back on it. It seems as though they have their own plastic bases and can make all sorts of seats from it. Since the 125 and now the 150, are made there in Thailand they have had a long time to establish custom parts for the PCX. If all else fails, they will probably have your seat.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

Mel46 wrote:I have an entirely different seat from powerbypcx.com but the one thing I noticed was that the plastic frame was different from what is on the 150. That may be the reason it can be modified to so many different formats. We bought the one that sits very low because my wife is short. Some of the other seats are made so a person can sit further back on it. It seems as though they have their own plastic bases and can make all sorts of seats from it. Since the 125 and now the 150, are made there in Thailand they have had a long time to establish custom parts for the PCX. If all else fails, they will probably have your seat.
The biggest problem with seats is that you've got to TRY it to know! And Thailand is a long ways away!
(I see you also have a Susuki Burgman! So how do they compare???)
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The question concerning how the Burgman 400 and the PCX 150 compare is relative. I am bigger than my wife and the 400 is great to me. My wife loves to ride it also, but she looks like an ant on a big flower on it. For long trips you can't beat the Burgman. But for getting around town it is cumbersome. Her little PCXcan turn rings around my bike, and it is quicker off the line. It is so great that when I found out that my motorcycle license had expired and I had to retake the road test, I used her pcx. It was a snap making tight turns, and even though it only has disc brakes in the front, it stops nicely. So, like I said, it is all relative. My wife takes it on long trips and loves it. I, of course, would prefer my Burgman.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

Mel46 wrote:The question concerning how the Burgman 400 and the PCX 150 compare is relative. I am bigger than my wife and the 400 is great to me. My wife loves to ride it also, but she looks like an ant on a big flower on it. For long trips you can't beat the Burgman. But for getting around town it is cumbersome. Her little PCXcan turn rings around my bike, and it is quicker off the line. It is so great that when I found out that my motorcycle license had expired and I had to retake the road test, I used her pcx. It was a snap making tight turns, and even though it only has disc brakes in the front, it stops nicely. So, like I said, it is all relative. My wife takes it on long trips and loves it. I, of course, would prefer my Burgman.
Thanks... very interesting. This is my first powered 2 wheeler, and I love it's relative nimbleness- I can park it anywhere! If I could get the seat comfy, long trips wouldn't be an issue :)
A lot of places around here won't let you even take test rides...
(I'm surprised they let you get a motorcycle license with a scooter!)
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
loudgonzo

Post by loudgonzo »

depthman wrote:
Mel46 wrote:I have an entirely different seat from powerbypcx.com but the one thing I noticed was that the plastic frame was different from what is on the 150. That may be the reason it can be modified to so many different formats. We bought the one that sits very low because my wife is short. Some of the other seats are made so a person can sit further back on it. It seems as though they have their own plastic bases and can make all sorts of seats from it. Since the 125 and now the 150, are made there in Thailand they have had a long time to establish custom parts for the PCX. If all else fails, they will probably have your seat.
The biggest problem with seats is that you've got to TRY it to know! And Thailand is a long ways away!
(I see you also have a Susuki Burgman! So how do they compare???)
Thanks HawaiiJ, those pictures do help a lot. For now I'm just dealing with it, I'm not happy having spent $120 for hump removal, and upholstery to have a similar issue as having the original hump there. My commute is almost 1 hour each way to work, and the thing starts to get really uncomfortable quickly. I've found that sliding even further back over the hump helps for a little while and lets my ride with legs stretched out, but again, only for a few minutes at a time, it's a positional change every 10 minutes or so.
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Loudgonzo, sounds like you had the same issue I had after my re-upholstery job. I was happier with the seat but there was a hard ridge still there. The best thing I did to the seat was have the plastic humps and more padding added.

You can get an idea of what you are feeling on "indyglow's" uncovered seat thread: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=992

This is what my seat underside looks like, not the prettiest result but very effective.

If I were in the states I would go the route IndyGlow went and have the plastic welded. The quality of work was outstanding in my opinion.

Many of the aftermarket seats create a bucket or pit that the driver is confined to and prevents you from sliding back on the seat. I'm 6'4" and I need to stretch back on the seat a bit. I must have tried 10 different styles of aftermarket seats, all looked great on the bike but was about the same feel as the hump on the factory seat. I felt locked in to the bucket or pit so to speak.
RB Player 74
Year: 2019
Color: grey/silver

Post by RB Player 74 »

I feel your pain. I'm 6'3" and now a hefty 280 lbs. The only way to get my legs comfortable on the factory seat was to perch on the hump. I actually bought a seat from Thailand. It was flatter but still had a hump and they lowered the front of the seat so my helmet would no longer fit under the seat and the seat close. So I decided to redo the factory seat myself because nobody is set up to do it that I could find. So I took a grinder to the hump and removed a 4 inch section that was about 8 inches wide. I cut up a 2x4 so I had two 4-5 inch long pieces then made a verticalf cut with a bandsaw on the long side so the result was a piece that was a standard 2x4 width and about 5 inches long and looked like a right triangle when I was done. I worked on the edges and angles with a pwer saw for a bit and got these two pieces to lay in the original seat depression with the thin end toward the front of the seat. Then I screwed these two pieces into the seat so what I had was a mostly level (fllowing the natural perimeter angle of the original seat. Then i got a piece of 18 guage steel and cut about a 6x8 inch piece. Laid it over the opening I had cut out in the original seat, put holes in the front and read and screwed it into the front wood pieces and bolted it to the rear about two inches past where the hump was removed. I used the original foam after a little removal and reshaping of the area where the hump had been with an electric meat carving knife, took parts of the foam I had cut out and fitted them into the cut area and glued them in place with spray adhesive. I put three strips of gaffers tape across the width of the seat to keep them in place and then got my pneumatic stapler out and stretched and stapled the original seat cover back in place. DId not cut the original seat cover. Took me forever but the result is really great. The effective seat height is about 1.5 to 2 inches higher than the original location of your ass in the factory seat so you have to be ready to sit a higher than that. BUT much more comfortably. It's a shame we tall people have to perform this surgery but the factory seat is set for the height of an Asian rider. It would cost very little for Honda to offer an alternative seat the way many other manufacturers do with much smaller volume motorcycles.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: pearl white

Post by pcx888 »

I have this seat from Thailand awesome and I glued the weatherstrip on my self with 3m glue.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx888 »

pcx888 wrote:I have this seat from Thailand awesome and I glued the weatherstrip on my self with 3m glue.
Attachments
seat1.jpg
seat1.jpg (326.96 KiB) Viewed 584 times
2011 White PCX
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx888 »

heres the type of glue i used.
Attachments
seat2.jpg
seat2.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 584 times
glue2.jpg
glue2.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 584 times
2011 White PCX
Aftermarket Thai Seat.