LIKE speed run & pancakes en plein air!

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

LIKE speed run & pancakes en plein air!

Post by fish »

I jumped on the country highway with the LIKE this morning for an Italian tune-up.
OK, if I was going to do this often, I'd be trying some of those magic balancing beads. - I think the 8yr old front shocks are getting tired.
Noted a bit of front tire bounce - which is not evident at my normal 30MPH backroads cruise.

Yeah Buddie!
Pancakes are back at the UnderDog Cafe' ---- they just must be eaten outdoors at a sidewalk table! (the Dog has the Book Shop advert on their wall) Going to be a lotta fun sitting out there in the snow this winter with my daughter....just have to dress for it, G o o d flapjacks!!

Fish
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: LIKE speed run & pancakes en plein air!

Post by Coasting »

About the only pancakes on offer around my here are from McDonald's. I usually put on the butter - followed by strawberry jam - and then the syrup.

Fun fact: it appears that it's technically impossible to use too much syrup ;)

My scoot is proving it's worth at the moment - McDonalds are running a Monopoly promotion with food prizes that can be won from stickers attached to products or from their app. But there's a catch - they only let you redeem one food prize at once (they say "per visit" or "per day" but rule 38 of the T&C actually says "per order"). Mostly the competition is for idiots in that if you would have ordered a burger, fries, and a drink as a combo, if you have a ticket for a free fries then they hope you'll order the burger and drink separately ... which then costs almost as much because they're not at the combo pricing. So I just go to one "restaurant" - get my free fries - hop on the PCX and scoot to the next one and get the free burger - then scoot to the next one and get the free drink - then scoot to the 4th one and get the sundae.

I'm not as "anal" about it as it sounds - usually it's just a good excuse to go for a ride - but I will admit to a small sense of satisfaction of ensuring that they don't get it their way with me. The $$$ saved is also about the same as the cost of a tank of fuel - so not insignificant either.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

So has it stopped raining yet?

Yeah . . . definitely looks that way. :roll:

Tell the others it's time to saddle up. Lets ride. :D
100_7147a.jpg
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Those burgers look real good-no sweet embellishments- maybe a little mustard and sprinkle of salt.