"New" 2014 Honda Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ajwmrr
Year: 2014
Color: Red Forza

"New" 2014 Honda Forza

Post by ajwmrr »

I went ahead and bit the bullet & traded my 2013 pcx in for a 2014 Forza. Topping out at 57mph on the pcx wasnt cutting it anymore.

The 2014 Forza is "new" with 182 miles on it. 1 previous owner with an unknown history.

My question is, while it doesn't have much miles it is still 6 years old. What maintenance should i do immediately after getting it home?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: "New" 2014 Honda Forza

Post by you you »

Fluids, tyre pressure and then ride it.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

you you wrote:Fluids, tyre pressure and then ride it.
and the spark plug and filters
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Check oil, check coolant, check tire pressure, add gas, ride around the block a dozen times, add a bigger windshield, add a top box, refill wallet and go.

Read the owners manual. Repeat, read the owners manual.

Refill wallet again. Take water and drink it.

Add location to User Control Panel.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Flush fuel tank with fresh fuel, change brake fluid, coolant, engine oil, transmission oil, check tyre condition and pressures.

Or do none of that and just ride it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

All the above, mine was 2016 and almost new last year, I changed oil and oil filter only and rode it for 6 months, no problem...

Transmission oil change is a good one, brake fluid not so much if brakes work well and fluid color is clear and yellow/golden and not cloudy...

But watch out for hard tyres, mine was the original - you can check the dates on the side, and although were new it was getting hard and fine cracks started appearing after a while. So I felt it skid occasionally on corners and generally not very good handling. Changed both to new Pirelli Angel Scooter this year and it was a great improvement...

2014 and 182 miles...!? If it was here in Thailand we would say they hacked the odometer, but you can easily see if a bike like that is new or not , more hacking from 30k to 10k that is hard to check...
plivadon
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: White

Post by plivadon »

I bought mine 2014 Forza this year in july...changed fluids, filters, brake pads and after good wash it was ready for driving
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Definitely all the fluids. THe coolant is used up at this age and so is the brake fluid, just from the time and contact with the parts and the atmosphere.