A bee, Lancaster PA unrest, and a close call

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

A bee, Lancaster PA unrest, and a close call

Post by honkerman »

DISCLAIMER: Video includes some commentary on the recent events in Lancaster PA, but is not intended to be political in any way.

Halfway through the video, a bee flies into my helmet...which was terrifying.

Almost at the end I get to do a horn test.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: A bee, Lancaster PA unrest, and a close call

Post by Coasting »

I keep my visor down for that very reason (except for waiting at the lights). I get a "ping" on the helmet once or twice a week on average from bees / wasps / blowflies bouncing off - not all would have gone into the helmet if my visor was up but it would happen once or twice a year. Impaled a wasp right on the seal between visor and helmet once ... so glad it wasn't open!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: A bee, Lancaster PA unrest, and a close call

Post by Old Grinner »

I get a "ping" on the helmet once or twice a week on average from bees / wasps / blowflies bouncing off
I know that familiar sound. :roll:
Halfway through the video, a bee flies into my helmet...which was terrifying.
Years ago I was riding along in bright sunshine with a 3/4 helmet and sunglasses on and all of a sudden a yellow jacket managed to sneak into my helmet on the left side. Fortunately it was on my clutch hand side . . . fortunately I was wearing leather gloves . . . fortunately I was able to fish it out of my helmet on the first probe as it aggressively tried to sting my finger through the glove. Unfortunately, for the yellow jacket . . . it never had a chance to fly into another helmet again . . . ever! :o o_O :?