SOS Windshield upgrade

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

hakamin
Year: 2013
Color: Black

SOS Windshield upgrade

Post by hakamin »

Hi.

I just bought a used Forza 300 from 2013 and I'm thrilled except for one detail, the dome.

I'm wearing the small dome and aesthetically I find it very nice but very impractical when you go over 50 mph (80 Km/h). I'm 172 cm (5,643 ft) and the air hits my chest and helmet.

I have seen 4 options of domes:

1. High Ermax: as I read it is the same as the one I used to ride slingshot if you asked for the high Windshield bike. It is in 4 shades. https://www.speedmax.biz/es/forza-300-2 ... ransparent
2. Givi D1123ST: so I read a little lower than the previous one and it protects more the hands. Only available in clear. https://www.unobike.com/es/cupula-trans ... 13-81.html
3. Givi AF1123: is adjustable, very good point but the ugliest one aesthetically. https://www.jcbmotos.com/tienda/Parabri ... 7712736_gp
4. Puig 6554F/72: Perhaps the most beautiful of all and also in 4 shades. https://www.nilmoto.com/cupula-puig-v-t ... 2013-p6554

For my height, which one do you recommend? I like the Givi AF1123 for the fact that it can be adjusted according to the route and weather. Can you remove the upper visor and go only with the lower one?

Thank you.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: SOS Windshield upgrade

Post by dergav »

I have the PUIG one on my 2014 Forza and it is excellent. While I ride looking over the top of the screen I suggest you dont go for the dark tinted one, as I have, as in certain light conditions it is difficult to see downwards through it for near kerbs etc . There is a light tinted one which may be best.I do not have any expereince of the others.
hakamin

Post by hakamin »

dergav wrote:I have the PUIG one on my 2014 Forza and it is excellent. While I ride looking over the top of the screen I suggest you dont go for the dark tinted one, as I have, as in certain light conditions it is difficult to see downwards through it for near kerbs etc . There is a light tinted one which may be best.I do not have any expereince of the others.
Thank you very much. How tall are you? I understand you have the Puig under your eyes, right?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Your message says you are over a mile high.

Where are you?

I have the tall Honda screen and I like it. The short one was too brutal at 120 kph.

I am 165 cm.

Sometimes I would like a shorter screen to get more air on my helmet to stop it from fogging up.
hakamin

Post by hakamin »

davenowherejones wrote:Your message says you are over a mile high.

Where are you?

I have the tall Honda screen and I like it. The short one was too brutal at 120 kph.

I am 165 cm.

Sometimes I would like a shorter screen to get more air on my helmet to stop it from fogging up.
With 165 cm and the tall Honda screen I understand that it covers you completely, doesn't it?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

No, the hands get really cold.

I look over the screen. I wear a full face helmet. I get hit on the helmet with really big bugs sometimes.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

https://www.unobike.com/es/cupula-trans ... 13-81.html

I have the above, I use to have the OEM Honda Tall Screen and its a big difference to me in high speed wind protection.

The GIVI D1123St has good side protection and its higher, It does not look that sporty but who cares? I rather be more comfortable than looking great with the Honda screen.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thread moved to Accessories.

Guys, P L E A S E add your location to you profiles.
It will make it sooo much easier for us to help you.
Look down beneath my post. I placed easy directions for you to complete yours. It's a simple request that once completed, we will all thank you for :)

Good luck choosing the right height windscreen for you hakamin (at 5'8" tall (172cm). Cheers
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
hakamin

Post by hakamin »

87112 wrote:https://www.unobike.com/es/cupula-trans ... 13-81.html

I have the above, I use to have the OEM Honda Tall Screen and its a big difference to me in high speed wind protection.

The GIVI D1123St has good side protection and its higher, It does not look that sporty but who cares? I rather be more comfortable than looking great with the Honda screen.
Givi D1123St is taller than OEM Honda Tall Screen (manufacturer Ermax)??

I think I'm convinced by Givi's adjustable. If anyone has any comments, please let me know
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Just go with the D1123ST its plenty good!
:geek:
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Hakamin...5ft 10ins...and yes ride looking over the screen.
hakamin

Post by hakamin »

Hi

Well, I ordered the Givi AF1123. I'll tell you when I get it and try it out. Thanks for your help.
hakamin

Post by hakamin »

As the GIVI adjustable AF1123 is no longer available, I ordered the GIVI D1123ST.

I will tell you how it is.