PCX Borekit

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

patmacessex
Year: 2016
Color: Red

PCX Borekit

Post by patmacessex »

Hello fellow PCXers...

I'm doing some research into getting a 164cc Borekit for the 125cc model (2016 EPS LED) I contacted YUMINASHI directly and got a reply.
In the reply they clearly state that in order to get the borekit working properly you will have to make other changes to the bike these include the airfilter hose Petrol manifold camshaft and a 150 cylinder head etc. Now this makes sense as a 164cc is bigger and has more power and there for needs more petrol and a better camshaft to take that power. So far so good. The problem now is that I have been made aware that Malossi also does a 164 borekit with the cylinder only and an upgraded ecu. Claiming that just the 164 borekit with some remapping does the trick. Both methods are around the same price to do....It has completely thrown me off track again and I haven't got a clue which way to go. The YUMINASHI way makes technically more sense as you prepare the bike for more power.... Any thoughts experience etc? Malossi is a good brand and I don't expect the to sell or tell porkies.....

Any Experience or feedback will be appreciated

Pat
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: PCX Borekit

Post by Mel46 »

It would probably be to your benefit to read this thread. It explains a lot of things. Our founder put a big bore kit in his 125cc PCX, so he gave us a "How-to" for it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2939&hilit=Big+bore+kit
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

https://youtu.be/H0_BkGJ3GT8

:D
Guys ... my pcx only has parts from yuminashi .. I have no bigger admission nor the air intake ... and now I have almost a cbr in start and progress ...
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7346&p=100544&hilit ... it#p100544

Yuminashi has been discussed a lot on this forum. Go to the search area and put Yuminashi in the search, select every area related to the PCX, then press search. There are several here who installed the Yuminashi kits. They may or may not still be active, but you can read up on what they did.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

patmacessex

Post by patmacessex »

Cheers for all the replies. I had a reply from Yuminashi but the bill is incredible..... We're talking £750 - £800 for an upgrade But this includes everything. That's where my confusion starts, what can I install and what can I leave out and or is optional... I will do a Yuminashi search on the forum and see what I can find cheers.

And power-full that video you showed me is that just the borekit so not fuel system because that will save nearly half in price....
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

Yuminashi 164cc kit..

https://youtu.be/5ulYAoxniBk

:D

Enviado do meu 6055K através do Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
patmacessex

Post by patmacessex »

Just to let you all know I decided to buy the malossi 170CC borekit... Yuminashi might make really good stuff but common manners they don't posses... Their email were confusing not accurate if there was any reply at all... I wanted to place an order but the PP and the tax on top of the order was more then 20% of the price... and if there is one thing I hate it's throwing money away....The malossi kit also comes with a CDI/ECU remap which will give the bike 1000RPM more. I might still buy some stuff from yuminashi concerning the fuel injection and air however malossi claims that that is also regulated by the ECU/CDI update
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

patmacessex wrote:Just to let you all know I decided to buy the malossi 170CC borekit... Yuminashi might make really good stuff but common manners they don't posses... Their email were confusing not accurate if there was any reply at all... I wanted to place an order but the PP and the tax on top of the order was more then 20% of the price... and if there is one thing I hate it's throwing money away....The malossi kit also comes with a CDI/ECU remap which will give the bike 1000RPM more. I might still buy some stuff from yuminashi concerning the fuel injection and air however malossi claims that that is also regulated by the ECU/CDI update
How did you go with malossi kit?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Hopefully everything went as planned on your upgrade. We would love to hear about it. Please let us know if you were successful.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150