Hello- glad to be aboard.

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

clawhn
Year: 2020
Color: blue/silver

Hello- glad to be aboard.

Post by clawhn »

Really pleased to find this forum. Joined after purchasing a new Forza 125cc along with a new PCX 125 for my wife. Both new to 2 wheels but since retiring a couple of years ago I have been riding a Piaggio MP3 500 (3 wheels). A few months ago my wife became really keen to ride solo but the MP3 was too big and bulky for her so we decided to sell the Piaggio and buy the 2 Hondas. We can now ride together or separate and once we gain our licences we can ride 2 up on the Forza.
Bikes are being delivered just before we take our CBT training early August (backlog due to the pandemic). We just can't wait to get riding.
We live in a rural area in South Wales UK that provides lots of opportunities for quality riding on relatively quiet and scenic roads.
I will post up some photos soon and look forward to contribute to the forum on occasions, whilst gaining the knowledge of more experienced owners.
Happy and safe riding to all.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Re: Hello- glad to be aboard.

Post by Yorkie150 »

croeso a dymuniadau gorau. )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
ChuckD
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by ChuckD »

Welcome, from a PCX150 brother 'cross the pond.
Be well,
Chuck
2017 PCX150
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

On the road at last, due to a backlog of the UK CBT tests because of Covid, my wife and I had to wait a few weeks to get riding. We are thoroughly enjoying ourselves on these machines. Battled some heavy rain and winds today but again enjoyable and good experience. We mainly ride as a pair so need to buy an intercom system- has anyone any recommendations? Don't need bells and whistles with music, radio etc. but good range intercom is our prime need.
The forum is very useful to me with some great info across all the aspects of owning Honda PCX / Forza scooters.
Attachments
DSC_0397 (2).JPG
DSC_0397 (2).JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3650 times
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Great scenery !!!!
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

Great scoot and scenery!! Excuse my ignorance, but what's the meaning for "L" on your windshields'?

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

In many European countries until you pass the state test , you have to wear an L on your motorcycle or scooter, it stands for “learner“
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

That's correct- Briefly, Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) in the UK= L plates, no pillion passenger, no motorways, 125cc limit. You then progress to a Full Licence Test (within 2 yrs) that removes these restrictions.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Two years, wow. Nanny state... makes sense though...
I'd rather favor the American Way... some states require no helmets... dumb to ride without one but the taste of freedom is so sweet.

Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Jge64 wrote:In many European countries until you pass the state test , you have to wear an L on your motorcycle or scooter, it stands for “learner“
In the Netherlands you have to take lessons from a instructor of a driving school. To get your drivers license, you have to get your theoretical exam first and than your drivers exam.