standard clutch lining thickness

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

standard clutch lining thickness

Post by Ganglylamb »

Hi,

During a routine check of my drive belt, rollers , clutch lining etc... I noticed the clutch lining thickness is now 3.5 mm.
The service manual states to replace the lining when it is 2 mm.
However, it does not state what the standard thickness should be. I just want to know how many kms I have left before I should start worrying. I'm now at 22 000 kms and if I know what they started out as I can somehow make a guess of when I should expect them to be down to 2 mm as my driving style has been and will be kind of continuous so far (as I assume the "wear coefficient" will be similar for a similar driving style in the feature - unless the "wear ratio" is not proportional to current thickness due to things such as more heat built up or whatnot, if that even makes sense :) ).

Already searched the forum but could not find the answer, so: what is the standard lining thickness of new clutch pads?

Thanks in advance.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: standard clutch lining thickness

Post by mymitzi »

Can't help with original thickness...........Have original Clutch shoes on my 2013 PCX. Recently had a look at them when doing a belt check & clean. Still plenty left at 60K [miles] Just back roads riding, mostly so they haven't worked very hard. Stop & go, probably different result.