Possible Mask Fix

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Possible Mask Fix

Post by Old Grinner »

Today I took the scooter up town to get a few things at the grocery store.

When I got there I popped the seat to grab my mask and low and behold the ear string on one side pulled out as I was putting it on. It was useless so I turned around and went home. Later I went back with a new one and got my stuff.

But in the mean time I was thinking that if this ever happened again would there be a quick fix? Especially if it happened while in a store or some place where they are required.

So I came up with an idea that may or may not work but IMHO would be worth a try.

Enter the almighty "safety pin". A not so large one of course!

Tie the broken off end of the ear string to the safety pin and then pin the pin to the original attachment spot (or unbroken material close to it) of the ear string on the mask and close the pin.

Reapply carefully to the face. Remember it's a "safety pin" so no blood should be shed. :lol:

Better to have a spare mask on hand of course but this being the first time it's happened to me it got my brain in problem solving mode.

On the other hand I also spotted this brilliant emergency fix video as well that requires no tools or parts . . . just tighten a small "overhand knot" on the corner of the mask and you're good to go. :D

If I saw this before it may have saved me an extra trip today although the mask wasn't torn . . .. Hence my idea of the "safety pin fix". :roll:

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Possible Mask Fix

Post by Old Grinner »

This is a new mask with a safety pin just placed in the approximate position of a possible fail.

You can either put the pin on the mask first and close the pin and tie it off or tie the knot on the pin first and then put the pin on the corner of the mask where the ear string broke off and then close the pin with string attached. Say that three times fast! :lol:

I'm not recommending anything but am just sharing a creative thought I had today in the spirit of saving lives. . .. ;)
100_7417a.jpg
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Sorry, I had to stop reading when you started talking about attaching the broken mask with a safety pin.
I guess if you already have pierced ears....but geez that's gotta hurt, otherwise.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Sorry, I had to stop reading when you started talking about attaching the broken mask with a safety pin.
I guess if you already have pierced ears....but geez that's gotta hurt, otherwise.
Fish
Oh GGgggeeezzzzz . . . I would never tell anyone to do that! :roll: :lol: :lol:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PS: you know....Hillary was the 3rd man to summit Everest....
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

PS: you know....Hillary was the 3rd man to summit Everest....
Fish
Jolly good! :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i have a large collection of masks the bus company hands them out to us ive broken a few strings but i have a bunch of spares with me are they hard to buy i dont know i get them for free
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm....run on sentence or two?

In answer, the prices of masks vary, as does the quality. N95 masks are best but the Healthcare workers get priority for those. My daughter made some double layered cloth ones with a pocket to insert filters in. Some that are sold online are not double layered, so be aware of that.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Hmmm....run on sentence or two?
I aim to please . . .. :D

Which makes me think of "Rhiannon" - Fleetwood Mac

Nobody worried about masks in '76.

You're right about the First Responders/Healthcare Workers needing those N95 masks on priority. But I heard in the news the other day there are bogus knock-offs on the market. The audacity of some . . .. :? o_O :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:This is a new mask with a safety pin just placed in the approximate position of a possible fail.

You can either put the pin on the mask first and close the pin and tie it off or tie the knot on the pin first and then put the pin on the corner of the mask where the ear string broke off and then close the pin with string attached. Say that three times fast! :lol:

I'm not recommending anything but am just sharing a creative thought I had today in the spirit of saving lives. . .. ;)
100_7417a.jpg
Jesus H Christ on a bicycle. Has the world gone mad.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle. Has the world gone mad.
We are surely working on it . . ..

Any day now I presume.

Good things take time.

A long time indeed! :lol:

We'll be back in a moment but now a word from Marmite. Yum! :D