Riding past snow in June

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Riding past snow in June

Post by davenowherejones »

I tried to go to Boston Bar for ice cream this afternoon but the RCMP decided to close the highway for a 12 hour murder investigation.

My second choice was ice cream at Manning Park Resort. To get there I needed to go over Allison Pass which is only 4403 feet high. There was still lots of snow under the trees beside the highway. It is June 3rd, dammit. Snow??? I only had one pair of long underwear on, not enough. Oh Canada.

The Resort was still closed for COVID even though some things are open again. The TOILETS were closed.

The owners of the resort have not spent money on the toilets in a long time. They were disgusting the last time I was able to use them. People have expensive weddings at this resort. If the toilets were that bad I would not want to do an inspection of their kitchen.

I was able to get safely home down at 135 feet above sea level where there was no snow and it was warm.
Attachments
IMG_6308.jpeg
IMG_6308.jpeg (243.14 KiB) Viewed 865 times
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Riding past snow in June

Post by easyrider »

Thats a pretty area..
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The Coquihalla Highway also has snow in the trees still on 6 June 2020 at elevation 4081 feet above sea level near Zopkios Brake Check.
Attachments
IMG_6327.jpeg
IMG_6327.jpeg (222.08 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Back in the '70s when I rode to Colorado I threw snowballs in August at Independence Pass on the way to Aspen.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Do Canadiens have a summer ??
rossm

Post by rossm »

A few years ago on tour heading down from Switzerland into Italy and in June, eek supposed to be summer
Attachments
20140603_165354_zpsnctyfiew.jpg
20140603_165354_zpsnctyfiew.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 806 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went out for supper yesterday (Friday) to A&W in Cache Creek, BC. 400 kilometers round trip.

There was no snow beside the road but Jackass Summit is only 345 meters above sea level, that's only 1132 feet.

I went over Jackass one day and the centre line of the highway had opened wide enough to swallow a Forza tire.
I then proceeded to the RCMP office in Boston Bar to tell them Jackass was falling down. I don't think the lady took me seriously.

The rivers are all overfull with snow melt. Tons of mud is heading down to the ocean.

The asian lady taking my order was hard to understand with her mask on. She was hard to understand with her mask off. I got my food but I was not allowed to sit inside. There was a very strong wind outside so I found a sheltered spot to sit on the ground. Too many people tried to walk over me.

The Uncle burger was good and the scenery was interesting. Two sexy young ladies in yoga pants were trying to sell expensive miracle wax spray cans to everyone. They seemed to be successful with the younger men. I enjoyed the show.

I eventually made my way back home to Hope. I stopped at McDonalds for a green tea. You have to stand on the X or on the O depending on what you want. I wanted to go to the restroom. XXOOXO and I got in!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I went out for supper yesterday (Friday) to A&W in Cache Creek, BC. 400 kilometers round trip.

There was no snow beside the road but Jackass Summit is only 345 meters above sea level, that's only 1132 feet.

I went over Jackass one day and the centre line of the highway had opened wide enough to swallow a Forza tire.
I then proceeded to the RCMP office in Boston Bar to tell them Jackass was falling down. I don't think the lady took me seriously.

The rivers are all overfull with snow melt. Tons of mud is heading down to the ocean.

The asian lady taking my order was hard to understand with her mask on. She was hard to understand with her mask off. I got my food but I was not allowed to sit inside. There was a very strong wind outside so I found a sheltered spot to sit on the ground. Too many people tried to walk over me.

The Uncle burger was good and the scenery was interesting. Two sexy young ladies in yoga pants were trying to sell expensive miracle wax spray cans to everyone. They seemed to be successful with the younger men. I enjoyed the show.

I eventually made my way back home to Hope. I stopped at McDonalds for a green tea. You have to stand on the X or on the O depending on what you want. I wanted to go to the restroom. XXOOXO and I got in!

Just wonderful.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

davenowherejones wrote: You have to stand on the X or on the O depending on what you want. I wanted to go to the restroom. XXOOXO and I got in!
That's hilarious!
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Too much riding lately. I have worn out another rear tire. 15,000 km and they are scrap.

I tried to order another K66 rear 150/70-13 Heidenau tire. None are available from Fortnine in Montreal. I really don't want to try someone else.

I ordered the Michelin City Grip 2 for my next rear. I have worn out several City Grip originals with no real problems. They work pretty good on gravel also. I have no big gravel trip plans this year. I am out of money.

I will run the K66 almost to the cords by the time I get the CG2. The rear K66 has had a rubber gooey rope plug in it for several thousand kilometers. Time for a new tire.