~ Forza or PCX ~ Things to consider

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Re: ~ Forza or PCX ~ Things to consider

Post by 87112 »

I have been thinking of the unthinkable selling my Forza and getting a CB300R

Why?? The weight of the Forza is a bit much at times, I just noticed the CB300R randomly. Its 317 pounds fully fueled in the ABS model, I could get a used Ninja 400 for a few hundred more but I don't go fast anymore since my accident on the freeway, just weary of flying out there on a bike. I only need 65 mph tops without straining the motor.

https://www.triumphofseattle.com/defaul ... dInventory
:geek:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I have been thinking of the unthinkable selling my Forza and getting a CB300R
I know what you mean. Except for me it's my two aging motorcycles I'm thinking of trading/selling.

On one the seat gets higher each year and on the other it gets heavier each year. Or so it seems.

The decision to let my bikes go is an emotional one. A lot of miles and smiles were had. But one must/should be practical when it comes to adjusting and adapting to change.

Take your time and enjoy the search for your new ride. Take some pics of your Forza for "old time sake" to reflect on.

Here's a vid I found useful. There are many others out there. When I make a final decision on what I'll get next to ride it won't be for lack of knowledge or experience. It may be more about keeping things simple and just plain fun. ;)

Although the CB300R isn't included in this collection the CBR300R is.

FWIW I'm still looking at scooters as well. There just isn't a huge selection to choose from in North America right now. It would be nice to see what Honda brings in the future to these shores.

And the results . . ..

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The weight of the Forza is a bit much at times, I just noticed the CB300R randomly. Its 317 pounds fully fueled in the ABS model,
I looked at the CB300R again and it is a nice machine for the price. I see the used one you posted seems to be in good shape. Very light indeed compared to the CBR300R.

If you only needed to have the machine do 55 MPH without straining then the PCX OTD new could be had for just over $4K. Tough choices I know . . .. :roll:

Even for brief runs on the interstate you need to be able to get to 65 MPH or 70 MPH in short order with busy traffic.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you're getting on in years and want something easy to get on and off and lightweight, get a Vespa.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

I went to check out a new CB300R as the one in the link's store was close for new years eve day.

The riding position is perfect in every way, one had half a tank of fuel and felt utterly light as its suppose to be. I started it up for a few seconds and the stock exhaust set up sound is excellent.

It seems tailored made for in city riding and short freeway trips. Now I still have to ask myself do I want to shift again. My last MC was a 2015 Yamaha R3 and I swore off shifting. But everything comes in cycles. I think this CB300R is a grown up Grom. I also sat on a 2019 PCX150 and that is tempting as well as Honda has made small chances to make it feel extremely classy and futuristic looking.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Now I still have to ask myself do I want to shift again. My last MC was a 2015 Yamaha R3 and I swore off shifting.
When you alternate between shift bikes and twist and go scooters you have to make sure that when a sudden need to brake hard arises to not confuse the controls. In other words, on the bike don't squeeze both levers like they are brakes and on a scooter don't try to use the clutch and downshift with your foot. It may sound crazy I know but just relocating turn signal switches can mess you up . . .. :roll:

How would you rate your experience with the Yamaha R3? The new one has incorporated some updates with the forks and handlebar from what I understand.
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

The one standout thing about the R3 was the motor, ripping little thing--- free revving, torque everywhere. Clutch could have been a tad lighter. The bike felt too long though, I like the lack of front end in the CB300R.

I do think if you're just city riding scooters are more fun. But for freeway and feeling like you are on a missile its motorcycles for sure for more fun.

The 300 class is so good right now with the Ninja 400 leading the way.
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

87112 wrote:I have been thinking of the unthinkable selling my Forza and getting a CB300R

Why?? The weight of the Forza is a bit much at times, I just noticed the CB300R randomly. Its 317 pounds fully fueled in the ABS model, I could get a used Ninja 400 for a few hundred more but I don't go fast anymore since my accident on the freeway, just weary of flying out there on a bike. I only need 65 mph tops without straining the motor.

https://www.triumphofseattle.com/defaul ... dInventory
I Sat on one few days ago 30bhp/very light/2019 model/8000 miles small service/16000 for the big service its all I need and in red bloody lovley
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

And it wont be the Honda sh that will be going
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

For bigger people the Forza is the only way to go. I'm over 6 feet and couldn't get comfortable on the PCX.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dembones wrote:For bigger people the Forza is the only way to go. I'm over 6 feet and couldn't get comfortable on the PCX.
I’m 6 foot 5 and comfortable after removing the hump. The seat hump :lol:

Now looking sensible on it is another matter...
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

you you wrote:
dembones wrote:For bigger people the Forza is the only way to go. I'm over 6 feet and couldn't get comfortable on the PCX.
I’m 6 foot 5 and comfortable after removing the hump. The seat hump :lol:

Now looking sensible on it is another matter...
Heard of anyone removing the backrest (hump) on the Forza's?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It unbolts from underneath.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

I might still be in the "Honeymoon" stage with my 2020 PCX 150ABS, but for me the PCX was more comfy than the Forza. My last bike was a '04 Honda ST1300A which was like a scooter on major steroids before that it was the '89 FJ1200 and an '89 Yamaha Virago - all bikes brand new and very comfy. Also had the Honda Interceptor earlier as well as a Ninja 900 (like the one in the Top Gun). Anyway, after selling the ST1300, my wife said I could only upgrade to a GoldWing after she had sat down on one and really really loved how really really comfy it was. She also thought that I'd ride a little slower, but I guess she didn't realize that we'd be sitting on a car engine. Alas time passed (6 years) and the thought of getting a GoldWing passed as well until I saw the newer models. WOW! Anyway, long story short, Goldwing too big and too heavy. Plus at this time only wanted something to get around town and take camping.

Along came the PCX...very impressed at how comfortable this little scooter is including two up. It's got some get up and go from a complete stop (nothing like the previous bikes I've owned, but it still had a good amount of torque). At 55 mph, it seems to let up a little on the torque. I don't think I'd go passed 60-65mph on the PCX even though it still felt smooth for a 149cc scooter. As for the features, everything is updated except maybe the rear drum brakes. Yes, drum brakes. Which to me really isn't that big a deal since it's actually easy to service, but drum brakes - nuff said. Front brakes are great...haven't had the chance to try out the ABS (haha), but using both brakes this little scooter can stop on a dime! Maneuverability is excellent, very flickable and turning radius on this scooter is AMAZING! I can lock the steering and go in circles forever within 2 parking spaces (some riders might be able to go more, but I didn't want to chance screwing up a brand new scooter)!! Gas mileage - I haven't had the chance to do a hand calculation, but the DIC shows 80 mpg avg. For me, storage was good - I can put my helmet inside, but I'd have to hang a second helmet outside. Looks like I could put about 2-3 bags of groceries in the storage compartment. I think they've got rear trunks for these thing if you need more storage (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

So there you have my twenty-two cents. Not sure if I left out anything that you would need to know. Good luck in your choice.

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock
Aries68
Year: 2021 ADV 150
Color: Matte Black

Post by Aries68 »

Well, fast-forward from my OP and I still don't own a scooter. :( Due to a sick family member and other expenses, it's just not a justified purchase at the moment. Oh, I'll get one eventually and I like to comb the forums and Facebook groups regarding the PCX. However, I have decided on a PCX when I do get to buy one! :) For what I want to use it for it's just a better and smarter fit. I don't plan to take it on highways and my trips will be local commutes around town and the much slower backroads. I want something lighter and more nimble than the larger scooters because I plan to use it around my hobby of photography, where I can gain easier access to random places and stop, hop off and shoot! You just can't do that type of thing with a vehicle or large, complicated motorcycle. The PCX would be ideal for me after more time has passed where I was able to really think about it. Time does have a way of solving dilemmas. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, all of it helped me.
It's About The Journey!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I used to enjoy exploring country back roads on the PCX at a slow relaxed pace, you see more and camera gear easily reached under the seat.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Not sure about PCX, and new model Forza, but in my old model Forza under the seat it gets very very hot after an hour of fast riding under the sun due to engine heat, watch any electronic in there for a long period, not sure about camera gear - though where I'm it's hot at 30-35c normal days...

Also check Yamaha MT-03, it's a two cylinder 321cc beast comparing two CB300R...!
Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Brice »

I was about in your place a year and half ago. Only difference was I had zero riding experience.

I took the Ohio in-person 1 night, 2 day-weekend riding class to get my motorcycle endorsement. The course is absolutely worth it. The great thing is they provided the motorcycles. Once you get your licence you can try out different bikes.

I wanted a high mpg scooter from a name brand. Being used didn't matter to me. I ride mine to work; 17 miles, 30 minutes in part neighborhood, 2-lane country and 4 lane suburb. This is terrible drive in the car. On the scooter it is a joy! Twist and go. The roads are pot-hole laiden and i have about 10 stoplights and 10 stopsigns. Waving to the neighborhood kids, and smelling the county air.

I hit 60 mph easily, and occasionally I get 65 mph with my 5'6" 150lbs seated comfortably behind the tall Givi windshield.
I love the 100 mph and connectedness to the environment. The PCX is so easy to handle and responsive. I might have ended up with a Forza, but Facebook Marketplace showed me a PCX first.

There are couple of 4 lane non-interstate but divided highways I venture on, but I don't find those as enjoyable as it necessitates full throttle for minutes on end. I don't enjoy that. Even with a 55 mph and me going 60, I'm still getting passed and since there are cross
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Austins wrote:Not sure about PCX, and new model Forza, but in my old model Forza under the seat it gets very very hot after an hour of fast riding under the sun due to engine heat, watch any electronic in there for a long period, not sure about camera gear - though where I'm it's hot at 30-35c normal days...

Also check Yamaha MT-03, it's a two cylinder 321cc beast comparing two CB300R...!
A little colder here in my part of Canada. Under the seat of my Forza 300 2014 it also gets warm. I keep my chocolate bars and phone in the left hand cubby.

It is the middle of summer, raining and 16C here right now. Thunderstorms and flooding predicted.