Forza, changes in model year?

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

spacehaze

Forza, changes in model year?

Post by spacehaze »

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and also new to the Honda Forza, but I'm thinking now of buying one.

But after searching for some good time now i can't really find out:

What changes was made from the model year 2017 to 2019? As i understand in 2017 it got the Smart key. But after that's about it what i can find

Thanks in advance! :)
spacehaze

Re: Forza, changes in model year?

Post by spacehaze »

After posting i actually found a good article describing the changes from 2017 to 18 wich is mostly cosmetical and also and electric windshield and a bit more storage space.

Any info on changes from 2018 to 2019?
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

spacehaze wrote:After posting i actually found a good article describing the changes from 2017 to 18 wich is mostly cosmetical and also and electric windshield and a bit more storage space.

I don't think so. The latest model hasn't even been available for a full year yet.
spacehaze

Post by spacehaze »

Oldie wrote:
spacehaze wrote:After posting i actually found a good article describing the changes from 2017 to 18 wich is mostly cosmetical and also and electric windshield and a bit more storage space.

I don't think so. The latest model hasn't even been available for a full year yet.

Yes, thats true. I just thought they would announce the changes on release. So one would know is it worth paying that extra cash difference from 2017/18 and 19 models.

Though i see there is not that of a big difference in price either if you buy them brand new.
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

I presume we're talking about the 125 model here?

Apart from the electric screen did they not also add traction control? Horsepower is slightly down too.
spacehaze

Post by spacehaze »

Oldie wrote:I presume we're talking about the 125 model here?

Apart from the electric screen did they not also add traction control? Horsepower is slightly down too.
Led blinkers also, but the traction control i have a hard time finding out about. From what i gathered so far i think they only added that for the 300cc version.

But yes i was in general wondering about the 125cc model.

I'm really bummed now, i can get a 2017 model with 2500 km and warranty for about 3300 eur or just get a 2019 brand new for 4400.. Not sure if it's worth the difference though.
Rok73
Year: 2019 Forza 125
Color: Carbonium Gray

Post by Rok73 »

The 125 does not have traction control, only the 300.
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

spacehaze wrote:
Oldie wrote:I presume we're talking about the 125 model here?

Led blinkers also, but the traction control i have a hard time finding out about. From what i gathered so far i think they only added that for the 300cc version.

But yes i was in general wondering about the 125cc model.

I'm really bummed now, i can get a 2017 model with 2500 km and warranty for about 3300 eur or just get a 2019 brand new for 4400.. Not sure if it's worth the difference though.
Go for 2017 if it has ABS and Smart Key. The adjustable screen is not so useful, anyway you will ride at upper position at all times.
40jack

Post by 40jack »

I think they also changed the dash on the 2019 model, they added air temp and I think oil temp to the digital display, its set out differently so the lcd part is wider... It does look nicer than the 2017.