Clutch chatter

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Clutch chatter

Post by iceman »

No real changes, and you can do it yourself but it will take many hours of work. Not too bad getting the bits of body work off but you will need some special socket for the clutch nut (unless you have the right size) and have to take the variator and clutch assembly off and the clutch apart. Lots of how to's on this site in the technical how to section and lots of good videos on youtube.

Still, there is no need, and no need to hold the brakes on, just apply 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at take off for some days and the problem usually goes.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Just a recent observation. Bike was running great, jumped on the Freeway to cut down my commute and was smashing 70+ for maybe 20 minutes.

Came to a stock and clutch started to engage around 1,000rpms lower than usual. Turned out I rotated a DP slider inside my NCY Vario.

Removed Variator, Lightened my sliders since I was there and reinstalled everything. Just to confirm, everyones Clutch engages around 3,500-4,00?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Can't be right, I'm sure the clutch engages lower than that. Almost immediately as you give it a little gas. Must be either the NCY or the lighter weights.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...