H4 LED bulbs Forza

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

H4 LED bulbs Forza

Post by easyrider »

Anyone change out their original halogens for an LED ? What is best ?
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Re: H4 LED bulbs Forza

Post by 87112 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16399406387

When one of my lights went out on the 300, I went with the above. I like LEDs a lot better than Halogens, I think it gets noticed a lot more from oncoming traffic.
:geek:
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

That link did not work.. do you have a specific brand/item # Appreciate info Thx
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Here is the description from my purchase.

Universal H4 Moped Scooter LED Headlight Bulb 36W 12V High/Low HS1 BA20D P15D H

I paid 9.99 with free shipping.
:geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

That did not work for me either. Ebay is a real crap shoot for bulbs. I recently ordered parts from China, Greece, Wales & USA and surprisingly I got everything.

I did a conversion with a type that had braided wires as the heat sync. The bulbs I used are no longer available. It mostly works but I almost never ride in the dark.

The lights with the single or double LED almost never align up properly with the reflectors. Some say they are right but they lie.

I think the bulbs with 20 odd LED's will accidentally get one or two in the right place.

I like the white colour, the pale yellow/orange of the old bulbs looks so antique.

Another thing is the brightness in lumens. They trick you sometimes. They quote the lumens for both bulbs added together while others will give the lumens for each bulb. I think some of the crazy numbers are just outright frauds.

It was tricky to install the LED's. I found that by looking through the lens in the right spot I could see the tabs on the base of the light, distorted but visible. I have small hands so I could reach up from above the fender.

All of my 2014 Honda Forza plastics have cracked during removal no matter how careful I was. Go slow. Fragile tabs.

The snow of a few days ago has melted and I need to mow a bunch of lawns. I might try Walmart on Friday, suicidal, should I wear my full face helmet around the store? My underwear are starting to get a little thin, spring is the time for new ones. Or I just declare my old ones to be lacy.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Thanks..good info.
Scootyman
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by Scootyman »

I have been using Osram LEDriving H4 with great success on a Honda Vision 110esp. They only consume 14 watts per bulb leaving you more power for additional electric goodies and also have the ballast resistor built in to the bulb unit. Another problem solved for you not having to find a place for that to go.
Hope that helps :geek:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:That did not work for me either. Ebay is a real crap shoot for bulbs. I recently ordered parts from China, Greece, Wales & USA and surprisingly I got everything.

I did a conversion with a type that had braided wires as the heat sync. The bulbs I used are no longer available. It mostly works but I almost never ride in the dark.

The lights with the single or double LED almost never align up properly with the reflectors. Some say they are right but they lie.

I think the bulbs with 20 odd LED's will accidentally get one or two in the right place.

I like the white colour, the pale yellow/orange of the old bulbs looks so antique.

Another thing is the brightness in lumens. They trick you sometimes. They quote the lumens for both bulbs added together while others will give the lumens for each bulb. I think some of the crazy numbers are just outright frauds.

It was tricky to install the LED's. I found that by looking through the lens in the right spot I could see the tabs on the base of the light, distorted but visible. I have small hands so I could reach up from above the fender.

All of my 2014 Honda Forza plastics have cracked during removal no matter how careful I was. Go slow. Fragile tabs.

The snow of a few days ago has melted and I need to mow a bunch of lawns. I might try Walmart on Friday, suicidal, should I wear my full face helmet around the store? My underwear are starting to get a little thin, spring is the time for new ones. Or I just declare my old ones to be lacy.

Anything goes in Walmart