Phone Mount

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Phone Mount

Post by Calculon »

Anyone have a suggestion for a phone mount? I was thinking of getting one and a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

I never noticed this before, but it looks like some sort of sticker goes here:

but none is there obviously. Thanks.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Phone Mount

Post by Mel46 »

I am going to guess that the spot on your tailbox was where the manufacturer had their tag, just like Givi has a place on theirs. Some of the distributors send the boxes without the sticker attached but in the box, leaving it up to the buyer as to whether they want it on there or not.

As for a phone mount, Ram Mounts. Look them up on the web. Most bikers prefer them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Calculon
Year: 2015

Post by Calculon »

Thanks for the reply. That's a good guess, but it's atop the well for the instruments. Yeah, it looks like a sticker goes there, but what?

I ended up going with a mount that hangs onto the mirror:

I like that it sits up higher. Hopefully, it works well. Thanks again.
dank_nipples
Year: 2014

Post by dank_nipples »

I use one like this, and I mount it to my left mirror post:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GV00YBM/re ... QEb9329024

I had it on the left slope of the handlebar next to the brake reservoir at first, but it’s in a much more natural to use position on the mirror post. Unfortunately not a lot of useable mounting space on the Forza handlebars with the brake reservoirs where they are and how close they are to the bar.

Instead of headphones, because I like to hear what’s going on around me, I use this mounted on the right side slope of the handlebar:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HQ9Q2VL?re ... b_ap_share

With this as the Bluetooth speaker mounted to the above clamp, centered perfectly over the Main handlebar head clamp:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VV2B4JD/re ... QEbXB2PSXP

It’s actually quite loud, and great for cruising and not super obnoxious unless you’re pulled up right next to someone at a light. The mount allows you to point it right at yourself, I can hear it with my full face helmet up to about 50 MPH and with my 3/4 helmet I am hear it cruising the highway at 70 MPH, but just enough to tell what song is is, can’t really make anything out haha. It was a surprisingly a pretty successful solution for jamming tunes on the scooter without getting the type of setup you have to wire to your battery and run wires for.
2014 NSS300A
1984 CH125
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

I have a holster clip for my phone case and here is what I did to mount to my bike. The holster clips into the 3 zip ties going L to R and I will cinch down just tight enough so that I can remove my holster if needed. I don’t use it for my phone otherwise, so it stays on the bike. It’s rock solid and super easy to remove if needed and cost me nothing. Phone will be locked into holster sideways and easy to read for navigation. Holster works with Otterbox or Zizo Bolt or any for that matter that has a clip (most do).
Attachments
9EA59D12-CCB2-4278-8580-A6724D7B00E5.jpeg
9EA59D12-CCB2-4278-8580-A6724D7B00E5.jpeg (25.05 KiB) Viewed 1092 times