How-To: Horn Upgrade(d) --> Denali Soundbomb Mini

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

How-To: Horn Upgrade(d) --> Denali Soundbomb Mini

Post by honkerman »

Doing some safety upgrades. Here's the latest

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: How-To: Horn Upgrade(d) --> Denali Soundbomb Mini

Post by springer1 »

Great post - thank you !
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am a great believer in being seen and heard on a scooter. If you can put a louder horn on you bike, do so. I have awakened quite a few drivers who were so busy doing everything but driving that they kept drifting into my lane.

The question of the day: Why do drivers feel that the time to dig into their purse, go through the glove box, rearrange packages in the back seat, and apply their makeup is AFTER the light turns green, and not while it is red??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Mel46 wrote:I am a great believer in being seen and heard on a scooter. If you can put a louder horn on you bike, do so. I have awakened quite a few drivers who were so busy doing everything but driving that they kept drifting into my lane.

The question of the day: Why do drivers feel that the time to dig into their purse, go through the glove box, rearrange packages in the back seat, and apply their makeup is AFTER the light turns green, and not while it is red??
Take it one step further, why do they think these are safe activities when the vehicle is not in park? I've seen people doing other things (usually texting), get startled, take their foot off the break and roll into an intersection, or the person ahead of them.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)