6 footing until folks come out again

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

6 footing until folks come out again

Post by fish »

Lonesome scooter....

I'm not much for crowds, but I miss these guys!

That's the same fire hydrant.....

Fish
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: 6 footing until folks come out again

Post by springer1 »

I gotta get on a new sleep schedule so I can get up before dawn now that warm weather is coming. Early am is just a great time to be alive.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A few days ago on the news they said a sneeze can transfer droplets up to 27 feet.

Now today they are saying just breathing in air from talking with people can be hazardous. :roll:

Isolation is not so bad when you consider the alternatives . . ..
100_6631a.jpg
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Snap 2020-04-05 at 17.50.27 (Small).jpg
Snap 2020-04-05 at 17.50.27 (Small).jpg (88.34 KiB) Viewed 853 times
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

im kinda an introvert so im happy to be mostly alone if it wasent for my job driving a city bus and my once a week trip to wal mart for supplies its just me my son and my wife daughter lives elsewhere. I have no way of knowing but i might have had corona 2 weeks ago i got a head cold and the flu and body aches tried painting the hallway at my house that week and got so dizzy i almost fell over. I was able to keep going with the help of tylenol i had no way of getting tested so i really dont know but i feel fine now
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Were you still driving the bus when you were sick??
Keep in mind that the virus is passed on by the sick people being around the healthy and touching common items or coughing, etc around them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

im kinda an introvert so im happy to be mostly alone if it wasent for my job driving a city bus and my once a week trip to wal mart for supplies its just me my son and my wife daughter lives elsewhere. I have no way of knowing but i might have had corona 2 weeks ago i got a head cold and the flu and body aches tried painting the hallway at my house that week and got so dizzy i almost fell over. I was able to keep going with the help of tylenol i had no way of getting tested so i really dont know but i feel fine now
Welcome back to good health!

That's the thing about this COVID19 virus. Different people respond differently to it's curse. Some don't know they have it and feel fine and some suffer quickly and you know the rest of the story.

Fortunately the vast majority of people who do get it to some degree survive.

I think moving forward that this sad event in our time is going to make people think more seriously about getting vaccinations in the future.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

were not allowed to take off work unless we have a paper from the health service proving you have corona i had no such paper. The health department should probly be testing people that deal with the public that still have to work but they dont. Im not sure if i even had it but it sure was weird
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

were not allowed to take off work unless we have a paper from the health service proving you have corona
Speaking of paper I was able to get TP at the store yesterday . . .. Couldn't believe it. "Scott" 4-packs too!

The first time I've seen any there in almost a month.

That said, pretty much right along, they did have single rolls of store brand paper towels available with a 1 per customer limit . . . but not a ton. The shelves for those types of products were still about 80% empty.

And, as an added bonus yesterday, there were still a few 6-packs of "Bounty" paper towels left too. I snagged one of those as well.

I didn't hoard anything . . . just took one pack of each. :D

A lot of people were wearing masks.

I'll be glad when this whole bad scene is over. And I hope it doesn't become a repeat situation like the 1918 Spanish Flu. If people get too over confident and don't follow the instructions of the medical community this virus could reemerge more potent and deadly on a second wave. It's like if there's still embers burning in a forest fire the whole thing could reignite. Best to have it surrounded with caution and prudence. We keep hearing the "Action Plan" in the news. We need to adhere to it until the last act has sung it's last tune. :|

But for now we wait.

"The Weight" 8)

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I know that it is important for many essential services to continue functioning, but the general rule from the Surgeon General is, if you feel sick, stay home until you feel better. You could be contagious.

I know that the system failed in your particular case, but if you had the virus and passed it on to not only your passengers, but also other drivers you came into contact with or were within 6 feet of, how many people would all of those people pass it on to? You can see the problem with the present " Shelter-in-place" order if the transit personnel have the virus and are still required to work, especially if the poor and old are your passengers.

...and if you have a bad case of the flu, how in heck are you suppose to drag yourself off to your doctor's office, which already doesn't want you near others?

Heck, all of my doctor's offices have told me that if I have signs of the flu or the Coronavirus, to Not come into the office, but instead to go to the E.R.,
...which is already overloaded with " undocumented " workers and their families because they use it for their family doctor. So, you are stuck with no place to go in order to be treated, which is unfair to you.

Isn't there a union for the bus drivers? Maybe this point should be brought to their attention.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

4 bus drivers so far have confirmed corona in pittsburgh i know 2 of them i think there afraid to test us there might be alot of us infected. Like i posted already if you have to work at a essential job the health department should test you weekly but its not going to happen I have my own area you have to board at the rear door and nobody can get within 10 feet of me its blocked off and i have a door that closes off the drivers area to keep us from being assulted or spit on
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Yesterday I took the KLR and Bandit out for a ride. I don't like to let them sit too long. It keeps the batteries charged up and the gaskets in shape.

I do prefer to ride the scooters now but it's also nice to ride down memory lane on the old bikes now and then.

One thing that kind of surprised me . . . well I guess didn't surprise me . . . was seeing the local town tennis courts full of people playing doubles (two people on each side of the net). How stupid can they be?

If someone coughs in their hand or wipes their nose and fudges up the ball then it's "Bob's your uncle" to the next ball handler.

I guess it can happen with packaging in a grocery store but people have to eat and get things. People don't have to play tennis.

Ignorance is bliss as they say. :roll:

That said I have seen a lot more people out walking along the beach areas just trying to get some sun and air and have to say they are doing a good job of distancing for the most part. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, I would say that for the most part people are trying to do the social distancing thing, but then I heard this strange questionon the news. "Should millennials be quarantined or should they be allowed to socialize in groups, such as when they went on Spring Break." Come on now!! Didn't anyone notice that right after the Spring Break mass gathering the virus spread exploded in the population??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

We'll be back in a minute but now a word from our sponsor . . ..

And stay tuned for the "New (or Now) Normal" too! 8)

Won't it be nice to just be "Regular" again? :?

Drive through anyone? :D

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

do they still make geritol
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

do they still make geritol
I guess the company has gone through several hands in recent years.