The 2019 Black Stallion - Made in Vietnam

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Peter Panini
Year: 2013
Color: Gold

The 2019 Black Stallion - Made in Vietnam

Post by Peter Panini »

For a mere $2100 I can pick up a 2019 PCX150 at my local Honda dealership. The particular one they had in stock on the showroom floor was this Black Stallion - what a beaut at a great price.

Once I bounce back from the C19 financial crunch I might just be getting one of these - I think the colour options are matt black, titanium silver, and cherry red.

What does the 2019 PCX150 retail for in your respective countries? And what colour do you think would rock? (obviously a personal preference)
Attachments
PCX 2019 1.jpg
PCX 2019 1.jpg (84.64 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
PCX 150 2.jpg
PCX 150 2.jpg (228.54 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: The 2019 Black Stallion - Made in Vietnam

Post by big bear »

nice pcx wish i could of got that color
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

HONDA Red is the proper color for all Hondas.
Black works well if you need invisibility....or as the primer coat before the final spray.
"Highlands"....the central highlands around Pleiku?
Fish
Peter Panini

Post by Peter Panini »

More or less.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Peter Panini wrote:
More or less.
Toured the Pleiku / KonTum area with some friends back in the 60's. We had to keep out intervals then as well.
That's a nice looking Honda dealership!
I bet your mechanics are a lot better with scooters than at my Honda dealership. (they broke my Forza's body panels, twice!)

Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

So, out the door --- well over twice what you would pay,

Fish
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

Don't forget, $300.00 more for ABS

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock
Peter Panini

Post by Peter Panini »

Fish - the mechanics work day in and out with bikes at dedicated bays with all the goodies for doing their jobs, so yes they are good.

But I've discovered a guy, through a friend, that laughed at the prices the Honda dealership quoted for a full service, replacement of rear shocks and exhaust. He rebuilds bikes from scratch, and he is a master. If this was my bike I would take it to him for work. I'm going to do the minimum to keep this bike going (which is hard on the bike, but stuff the boss, who's stingy AF, and is overcharging me on the rental fee).

I'd rather save up for my own - thinking Honda Red or Titanium Silver. Matt black does not stick out enough at night, when the drunks in their pick up trucks head home from the restaurants and bars.

$3699 + S380 destination charge + $300 for the ABS option - more than double the cost of one here. Where are they manufactured and assembled? In Asia or State-side?

Big problem here is foreigners can't legally buy a new bike in their own name, so I have to buy it through a local friend (which won't be a problem). Or look around for a second-hand late-year model in good nick.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

GodFather wrote:Don't forget, $300.00 more for ABS
I was assuming they were all ABS by 2020?!
Surely Honda is up to date with its scooter specs?
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Peter Panini wrote:Fish - the mechanics work day in and out with bikes at dedicated bays with all the goodies for doing their jobs, so yes they are good.

But I've discovered a guy, through a friend, that laughed at the prices the Honda dealership quoted for a full service, replacement of rear shocks and exhaust. He rebuilds bikes from scratch, and he is a master. If this was my bike I would take it to him for work. I'm going to do the minimum to keep this bike going (which is hard on the bike, but stuff the boss, who's stingy AF, and is overcharging me on the rental fee).

I'd rather save up for my own - thinking Honda Red or Titanium Silver. Matt black does not stick out enough at night, when the drunks in their pick up trucks head home from the restaurants and bars.

$3699 + S380 destination charge + $300 for the ABS option - more than double the cost of one here. Where are they manufactured and assembled? In Asia or State-side?

Big problem here is foreigners can't legally buy a new bike in their own name, so I have to buy it through a local friend (which won't be a problem). Or look around for a second-hand late-year model in good nick.
Pretty sure that PCX is made in Asia. Thailand, maybe. Maybe Vietnam. Can't recall, but my Forza was made in Thailand I think ....know it was not Japan.
USA makes no scoots.
My Piaggio Liberty 150i ABS was made in Vietnam...by some angry guys who overtighten every darn fitting!
Would love to have access to a real scooter mechanic here in the boonies of Ohio.
Good luck ....post pix of your town?
Fish