Anybody Riding?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: anybody riding?

Post by Mel46 »

I just saw a tribute to workers who have died from the virus recently. Sadly, some of those were healthcare workers, and they were not that old...mid twentysomething to mid thirtysomething. They are frontline workers, so my hat is off to you.

When I was much younger I was one of those but I didn't think about the possibility of not making it out alive. We just did our job and were thankful if we could save even one life. I am sure those workers who died went into this battle just hoping to be a lifeline to those who couldn't help themselves.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

took the pcx out for a 20 mile ride this afternoon. Looks like heavey rain tommorow so the zuma might get more use
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Of course its a pleasure riding now, no traffic alerts to check. Wide open spaces, enjoy it NOW,
:geek:
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

Over 10,000 fatalities in the Uk as of this morning :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Yorkie150 wrote:Over 10,000 fatalities in the Uk as of this morning :(

Which is 10,000 recorded deaths in total that have been positively tested for the virus.

Not 10,000 deaths from the virus.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Yorkie150 wrote:I like the rifle case on the pcx ...The UK cops would go made if they saw the rifle being carried on the outside of it....Gun laws in the UK are very strict....I once carried a shotgun in a soft case on my large motorcycle and was stopped by the police ...they were going to seize it at first as I was ''causing distress to other road users '' ---- and then they came up with '' if you had an accident someone could steal it ''...Which I then pointed out was the same as being in a car accident !! All the uk firearms/gun shops are closed down. We are not allowed to go out shooting other than for welfare ( injured deer etc ) than require humane despatch...Plenty of rabbits on the fields ( which make a great curry or stew ) but we aren't allowed to shoot them unless its on your own land...

Presuming the shotgun isn’t a pump you can separate the barrels and action and pack into something other than a rifle slip and it won’t be noticed/picked up.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

you you wrote:
Yorkie150 wrote:I like the rifle case on the pcx ...The UK cops would go made if they saw the rifle being carried on the outside of it....Gun laws in the UK are very strict....I once carried a shotgun in a soft case on my large motorcycle and was stopped by the police ...they were going to seize it at first as I was ''causing distress to other road users '' ---- and then they came up with '' if you had an accident someone could steal it ''...Which I then pointed out was the same as being in a car accident !! All the uk firearms/gun shops are closed down. We are not allowed to go out shooting other than for welfare ( injured deer etc ) than require humane despatch...Plenty of rabbits on the fields ( which make a great curry or stew ) but we aren't allowed to shoot them unless its on your own land...

Presuming the shotgun isn’t a pump you can separate the barrels and action and pack into something other than a rifle slip and it won’t be noticed/picked up.

semi auto ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Yorkie150 wrote:
you you wrote:

semi auto ...
Knackered then.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Was out 26 miles today, first time since November. Once again I'm amazed how much authority the PCX has for a 150cc motor.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Went out to get some fast food and get the scooter warmed up after a coolant change.

Thinking of a long tour as soon as travel restrictions are lifted. Bike is in perfect shape.
Attachments
20200414_223135.jpg
20200414_223135.jpg (415.85 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
20200414_233230.jpg
20200414_233230.jpg (375.92 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

rode about 30 miles yesterday changed the engine oil and transsmission oil when i got back
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

4th of may: allowed again to do non essential rides with motorcycles. Looking forward to something , finally! In the past 7 weeks only rode 100 KMS, normally this should be around 1500...
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

The PCX is, and has been for some time, my primary transport. During the current crisis, I've limited my riding a bit, primarily only going out for groceries or other necessities or for work, though I may take a round-about route just to make the ride last a little longer and to get some more motovlog footage.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Just did a 30 mile trip along the gulf coast beaches. Very quiet out there with the beaches closed during the day.
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019

Post by vito »

I've been riding a fair amount, including about 3 hour ride today, just not on my PCX. Without a windscreen my standard for riding is 70 degrees. Even 60 degree air at 45 mph feels cold is not much fun. Down to 40 degrees I can tolerate and enjoy on my Honda Goldwing with its full fairing. As soon as it gets a bit warmer around here I plan to take the scooter out and enjoy a good ride. During the warm summer months last year I used the scooter almost daily, running almost all of my errands and light shopping trips, taking advantage of the nice storage area under the seat.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Short ride on the Zuma today . . ..

Windy and cool with rain on and off again.

Rinse and repeat again tomorrow. :)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

did 10 mile on the 2015 zuma i was driping wet when i got back but i had to ride. Wanted to go out again but the rain was worse so i shined up the bikes and check the air presssure in the tires instead tommorow is going to be dry and ill be riding
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

I've seem to only ride my bike now a days to go get beer & food....

They closed road access into Stanley Park which was my typical Sunday drive....I guess I could ride else where but I'm just hunkering down watching a shit load of TV
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I've seem to only ride my bike now a days to go get beer & food....

They closed road access into Stanley Park which was my typical Sunday drive....I guess I could ride else where but I'm just hunkering down watching a shit load of TV
Maybe throw in a box of dark chocolate Whitman's Samplers or some Russell Stover candy as well. Not up to par with the Belgian Cote d'Or (elephant brand) but still good . . . especially when it's on sale. I find it goes especially well with beer. :lol:

I really hope we don't get a second wave of this virus in the Fall but from some of the stupidity I've seen lately it wouldn't surprise me. :roll:

That said I've enjoyed wiping the dust off some of my old DVDs. I never did get tired of watching "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". :D

FWIW I did about 18 miles today on my XMax.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

took the pcx and the x max out for rides today, Was raining early then cleared up