New Old Stock 2015 Forza ABS Owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: New Old Stock 2015 Forza ABS Owner

Post by fish »

Calculon wrote:Thanks for the reply. I did see today when I had it in my driveway at dusk with just my eyes. It was not evenly lit at all. Plus it did go off completely, which I'm assuming the polarizing would not effect. Thanks again.
Makes me wonder about weak electrical connection.....including battery terminals or ground points.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The ABS models had a recall number 15V-439 issued for problems with the "Starter Magnetic Switch".

Battery voltage to the electrical system can be effected.

To read the entire recall description go to this Honda web site and enter the required information for you scooter and model year etc. . ..

https://powersports.honda.com/recalls

Nice pic BTW of your new ride!
Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Calculon »

Thanks all for the replies. I checked on the Honda and NTHSA websites using my VIN. I know there were recalls for the 2015 Forza, but both said there are no recalls for my machine. I received the new windcreen and put it on:

It makes it much more freeway friendly.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

You might want to take a look at replacing the cheap feeling and looking stock levers. I changed mine with these and have ridden about 2,000 miles on them and think the looks, feel and quality are top notch compared to the overpriced brand names ones at revzilla.

https://www.amazon.com/FXCNC-Racing-Adj ... way&sr=8-5

Once you add a top case the bike will be a mini touring scooter and probably all complete unless you care to put on higher performance tires. I have my eye on the Diablo Rosso. I have the older Diablo and they are awesome, the handling is excellent. I was not a fan of the Dunlop Smartscoot at all.
:geek:
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Calculon wrote:Thanks all for the replies. I checked on the Honda and NTHSA websites using my VIN. I know there were recalls for the 2015 Forza, but both said there are no recalls for my machine. I received the new windcreen and put it on:

What windscreen did you get?
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

I got the Ermax screen. Supposedly they made the screen for Honda, so it's basically the same without the Honda logo and it's not blacked out at the bottom. I would have preferred to get the Honda screen, but that was not available. It's made in France and took about a week to get.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Calculon wrote:I was not. It was at night and was using my helmet with shield. I had not glasses on at all. Thanks for the replies.
This is very interesting as this is the only place I heard someone had the same issue as mine.

A bit about my bike, I am in Thailand and got my used Forza bike Feb 2019, but it was manufactured Nov 2016 and had only 730km on it, the only previous owner just bought and not used it.

After using it for a few weeks and showing ~2000km, the blue light on the LCD display started flickering and eventually after a few days or a week it went dark, still came up once or twice after that but then died completely. I knew it was a bad connection (maybe a soldering point) somewhere, because if the light itself was damaged it wouldn't flicker like that for so long... !

Took it to Honda dealer, they immediately said this is not covered by any warranty (I had no idea if the warranty was still valid after 2.5 years anyway, some engine parts here in Thailand had 3 years warranty I think...) and they said the whole dashboard needs to be changed (all other lights on the dash were working perfectly).... !? At a very high cost of course. They said it can't be repaired...!

I thought maybe I wait a bit longer, it could come back (bad connection or soldering point get stuck together in heat etc.), and/or I might find someone to repair it - and I am still doing that... !!! lol. Now 8500km and it no longer really flickers at all. I also checked my bike for any recall and there were none. Could that battery electronic thing be related to this... !?

It's not a big deal, I miss the clock more than anything else at night, but have not done anything about it. So I wondered what happened to yours and has anyone else had this issue with this blue light, can it be repaired if I open it and take to an electronic repair shop... !? Any ideas...
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

Austins wrote:I wondered what happened to yours
They couldn't replace just the backlight, so the whole dash was replaced by Honda under warranty.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Calculon wrote:
They couldn't replace just the backlight, so the whole dash was replaced by Honda under warranty.
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

Calculon wrote:

Oh wow. Seems a lot of trouble.
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

Calculon wrote:Thanks all for the replies. I checked on the Honda and NTHSA websites using my VIN. I know there were recalls for the 2015 Forza, but both said there are no recalls for my machine. I received the new windcreen and put it on:

Did you ever find out about recalls? Like you, I see nothing listed for my 2015 on both sites but the previous owner did not report getting any recall work done. :?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

One problem with the taller screen was that I did not realize how fast I was going. I got my one and only speeding ticket on a scooter after 40 years of driving and riding. Expensive damn RCMP.

Canada gave me a present while visiting last summer.. Speeding ticket in a town called Lake louise. Local cops ..not RCMP though.