Forza Gone @ Honda Powersports-dot-com

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Forza Gone @ Honda Powersports-dot-com

Post by WhiteNoise »

Maybe I missed this earlier? the Forza disappeared. Sooo...what's replacing it Honda? One wonders then wishes :ugeek:

https://powersports.honda.com/street
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Forza Gone @ Honda Powersports-dot-com

Post by davenowherejones »

It looks like the Super Cub 125 is what you get.

In Canada we get the 49cc Ruckus.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

No scooters listed. What happened? Did one of the workers zone out working on that web page?
:geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I guess they are very poor sellers in the USA and Canada.

I bet if you really looked some poor dealer probably has a 2014 Forza forgotten in the back of his warehouse.

Electric scooters are becoming more popular but Honda does not have any in North America.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

87112 wrote:No scooters listed. What happened? Did one of the workers zone out working on that web page?
Click on 'Street' then click on 'Scooters' at the far right......
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

87112 :lol: I see whatcha mean when you scroll down that page :lol: uh, I mean :oops: you Don't See it!

Sorry guys I thought Honda's link would go straight to their Scooter page, obviously it doesn't.
Okay they want you to click on the "Street" tab at top of that links page.
THEN you're given more tabs and "Scooter" is one of them --> Click it.

Scoots shown: PCX, METROPOLITAN AND RUCKUS.
"NO FORZA"

Honda! Ok take away Forza....but We a replacement! Geez, time to Bring a Newbie to the "H" Fam

Yeah we have the Cub, but it's not listed as a Scooter.
We need another Scooter! Ride with Us - We're moving up!
You know what We're talkin' 'bout ---> 200, 250, 300cc
Simples 8)

Yes agree! Electric is the future. We're in'it. We still have choices. I still love the Zero :D ($$$$) o_O
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

You beat me tuit, Thanks Limey :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

When I looked at the Honda USA site with Apple Safari the scooter pages weren't there and now they are???

Confusing site. BMW site is awful also. KTM's is not much better.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Honda is still making plenty of scooters for 2020 but they only bring them to markets where they think there is enough demand to make the effort profitable. You can't blame them for that.

I still think that electric scooters are OK for urban or local environments but at the end of the day for anyone wanting to travel further an internal combustion engine powered platform is the way to go.

But the rub is what platform . . ..

An inconvenient truth as they say is the fact that we need to cut back on buying/consuming ANYTHING that either involves considerable harmful amounts of toxic emissions in it's production or emits the same in it's use.

It will be a tough pill to swallow for humanity but at the end of the day it does seem to make sense that mass transit, a limit on automobile/truck emissions (whatever it takes), and increase use of motor scooters/motorcycles could be the answer to reducing fossil fuel (carbon and methane) emissions dramatically. Plus eating more of a plant based diet world wide would be another major step.

I agree that there are conflicting study results about how environmentally friendly scooters are. So maybe there are some things they can improve upon. It's all good.

That said, I still say bring on the scooters and say good bye to the noxious polluters. :D

Just my 2 cents . . .. :geek:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

scooters arent selling well ive bought 3 of them in the last 2 years but im running out of room im thinking of buying one more bike but that will be it
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

big bear wrote:scooters arent selling well ive bought 3 of them in the last 2 years but im running out of room im thinking of buying one more bike but that will be it

Just one more :lol: :lol: ;)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

scooters arent selling well ive bought 3 of them in the last 2 years but im running out of room im thinking of buying one more bike but that will be it
As you already know there is only so much time in the day and when you acquire more than "3" machines the hobby (interest) can start becoming a chore.

It takes time to keep them clean and current and you need to find time to ride them.

Just something to think about. :geek:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

if i get one im thinking of a newer zuma with both front and rear disc brakes alot of the roads i ride are covered in small gravel or there dirt roads. The township dosent salt the back roads they spread gravel on them it wont wash off till may so the zuma gets alot of use
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

if i get one im thinking of a newer zuma with both front and rear disc brakes alot of the roads i ride are covered in small gravel or there dirt roads. The township dosent salt the back roads they spread gravel on them it wont wash off till may so the zuma gets alot of use
My Zuma is my "year 'round" and off road machine. When the roads are crappy in the Winter or it rains I prefer using it. It's easier to clean up and maintain.

No complaints with it at all so far. The thing runs reliably and was well built. Plus it's easier to put gas in the newer models since they relocated the tank.

I wouldn't mind swapping my Suzuki Bandit for a new PCX though. I'll have to check it out again but when I sat on a 2019 in the showroom recently the seat seemed a lot softer and more comfortable than how I remember the seat was on my 2017. 8)

That said the Super Cub 125 has my interest as well but it just doesn't offer the utility value that a PCX does for almost the same price. Definitely cool looking though and does attract onlookers. If I just wanted to ride a cool "retro" machine I'd get the Super Cub. Tough decision but I have plenty of time. Have to see how the bills go this year. Priorities first! :geek:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

my local yamaha dealer just got a 2020 zuma in my favorite color black ill let you know if i bring it home i was going to wait but since they have one in my color i might not wait
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

my local yamaha dealer just got a 2020 zuma in my favorite color black ill let you know if i bring it home i was going to wait but since they have one in my color i might not wait
Either way it's all good . . ..

The previous generation Zuma 125 was a great machine and except for the fuel pump issue they were quite reliable. When the ethanol content in the fuels started increasing I think it caught some manufacturers off guard in regards to material specs. Not just in the motorcycle or scooter industry but in the marine industry as well.

The newer generation Zuma 125 is different in some ways than the one you have but you'll have to make the decision as to whether or not you think it's worth the leap and expenditure.

Here's the design changes and features you'll notice rather quickly:

1) A new, easy to read, gauge cluster (LCD). Simple but really all you need.
2) The gas tank has been relocated to the leg shield for easier access. You can also see into it easier as you fill it up so as to avoid "over filling". I prefer using a gas can rather than filling at a gas station.
3) There is a bit more storage capacity under the seat due to the relocation of the tank.
4) The headlight arrangement is different but I have to say for not being LED it's rather adequate in performance. High beam is what you should expect but low beam leaves a bit to be desired.
5) The addition of the rear disc brake is great. I really like the brakes on mine.
6) You still get the solid brush guards which give a bit of added protection in cold weather riding as well. That said I suggest getting the Yamaha stock accessory wind screen. The dealer installed mine for free but you could do it yourself as well without any aggravation.

7) The stock mirrors are what they are. No real improvement there. OK . . . but could be wider.
7A) There now is a little stowage bin on the leg shield. It will definitely hold a pair of gloves and then some . . ..
7B) It now has passenger pegs. That said I've seen reviews that recommend you do not stand on them (like a dirt bike rider doing off road). They are not designed for that.
7C) Doing routine maintenance is still pretty much the same and you just need to remove the cover under the front of the seat to get to the valves.

You'll continue to appreciate it's value for versatile utility and light off road potential. 8)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

i dident know there was a fuel pump problem on the 2015 zumas i guess i might be stuck on the roadside someday
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

i dident know there was a fuel pump problem on the 2015 zumas i guess i might be stuck on the roadside someday
The fuel pump recall was for 2009 Zuma 125 models.

There were clearances problems with the internals of the fuel pumps so that when they got hot they may not function properly and cause stalling.

Here's an article about it https://bikernation.biz/blogs/news/1864 ... 5-scooters

You should be OK with your 2015. :geek:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

sounds good
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

Glad I've got my 2016 Forza. She's a keeper!