ABS with Combined Braking System (CBS) on Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

HondaForza125
Year: 2020
Color: Grey..Metallic!

Re: ABS with Combined Braking System (CBS) on Forza

Post by HondaForza125 »

I was always taught to always use both brakes...

It makes sense actually, you shouldnt need to be balancing the bike on a rear brake or trail braking on the road anyway.

If you are hard pulling one brake without the other, you are probably going outside the design remit of the braking system, afterall it is a system designed for road (as opposed to track).

I get what the OP is saying, but dont think it is something you should encounter without missusing the braking system.

So if you need to go hard on the brakes mid corner, you would still be using both front and rear levers and trying not to lock the tyres (whether or not you have ABS)

Standing on the brakes mid corner is not going to be easy even with cornering ABS, so applying the 'I can stop in the distance I can see' (according to your expertise) is what is required.

I have gone around too many a corner to find something weird going on that I wouldnt want to risk this rule.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

Thanks for all the replies and advice, although "don't brake on corners or at all" is not helpful, a bit like "don't have emergency or accident" ...! Yeah, hope not...

Also as mentioned I ride in Thailand, just came back from a week road trip of 1500km, and here I'll more likely be run over by a drunk, sleep or neglegent driver on a corner or jumping a red light..., sure , but hopefully not due to my braking...!

Didn't expect so many sideway comments though, but I guess that's what happens on forums, I like Forza and it brakes well, just wanted to know more about CBS + ABS behaviour and if what happens on my bike is correct and the same as on yours, that's all...!?

Thanks Haarek for actually testing, not sure what you have on your 2019 model though, 2016 Forza has CBS+ABS, known as Combined-ABS.

Honda also has Dual-Combined and Advanced or Electronic brake etc. , all described here if you are interested:

https://global.honda/innovation/technol ... 2_cbs.html
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

davenowherejones wrote:Four fingers because my fingers are small.

Two or even just one finger works for this big 'Murican. :lol: