2019 exhaust

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bogieboll
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

2019 exhaust

Post by Bogieboll »

Does anyone know if the 2019's have a cat on them or are they built into muffler and also if you did a full exhaust system on them do you need a fuel tuner or do they run fine without? Just looking for a little sound and better looks. Thanks
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Re: 2019 exhaust

Post by Yorkie150 »

my uk 125 has a cat inside the exhaust (muffler)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

They do have a catalytic converter in them. It seems like most everyone that changes their exhaust don't touch the fuel injection tune. I changed the exhaust on my scooter and the ECM was able to compensate. You should be fine.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

These do:
cats (Small).jpg
cats (Small).jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
Mikes150pcx
Year: 2019
Color: Metallic grey

Post by Mikes150pcx »

So hilarious, my cats do the same and guard the bike while they sleep! Not so sure if there is a benefit but it's funny as hell to see!
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

I wish you left the cat alone, it's there for a good reason, to keep the air clean for cats and (us) to breath.
Btw, illegal to modify stock exhaust in many if not all US states.
I personally like the stock look the most but I understand those yoshimuras or other exhausts have their fans too.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Inoplanetyanin wrote:I wish you left the cat alone, it's there for a good reason, to keep the air clean for cats and (us) to breath.
Btw, illegal to modify stock exhaust in many if not all US states.
I personally like the stock look the most but I understand those yoshimuras or other exhausts have their fans too.
Not too sure with Motorcycles, but it might be like autos where you can change the exhaust as long as the original catalytic converters are there and the exhaust doesn't exceed a certain sound level. The exhaust that I got didn't have a catalytic converter, but other on webike did have them. I have noticed the difference without the catalytic converter. The stock exhaust smelled like an early 90 Honda Accord. Not the exhaust smells more raw and at times quite strong, like when taking of from a stop.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

there are no emission tests on motorcycles in the UK....There is no legal requirement for a motorcycle to have a CAT fitted although many manufactures do - possibly for counties which have that legal requirement. Not sure about Honda but BMW fitted cats and fuel coding relays that ensured the bikes ran lean to satisfy the German requirements at point of manufacture........We have noise limits in motorcycles in the UK and exhaust end cans must be stamped with approval numbers and be limited in noise. Personally if it helps the environment I would retain the original exhaust ..Honda must have spent millions on research and development and if they thought that their bikes would be more efficient / increase performance and brake horsepower etc surely they would have fitted a Yoshimura type big exhaust ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/