Suggestions requested - times of need (mods remove if necess

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

SirHonkersTheFirst
Year: 2013
Color: Bronze

Suggestions requested - times of need (mods remove if necess

Post by SirHonkersTheFirst »

Here I find myself In Nam, with a beautiful bike, and zero income.

I'm a teacher who hasn't been paid in two months, and it looks like the school will shaft on the few hours I did manage to do last month.

Down to $10. And Vietnam went on lockdown last night.

I'm not a clever chap, like y'all (I'm clever, but not in the sense of pulling myself out of the poo), and don't have back up funds.

I welcome your suggestions on how to generate cash in a lockdown situation? My family ain't wealthy - just farmers. They're back in SA, and if worst comes to worst they could send me some bits and pieces. My private students have had to cancel due to the lockdown laws (no more than 2 people in one place).

I was thinking of tanking up, riding out into the farmlands, and offering my hand, for meals and a bed. At least until the 15-day lockdown ends.

I'd struggled through tough situations, but this is a tough one. I don't fancy being homeless on the streets of Vietnam, during lockdown.

Advice please, fellow bikers!!!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Suggestions requested - times of need (mods remove if ne

Post by fish »

SA, South African?, I take it you're not Vietnamese?
But as a teacher you must speak the language - so you could conceivably survive with farmers? Although, from my limited knowledge of peasant farming in SE Asia that does not seem a practical idea. ( a year in Pleiku province) They are charitable people - but....?

The situation as you describe it does not seem promising for the immediate or the foreseeable future.
A school that has not been able to pay your for 2 months-----is something going to change in their financial situation - and in your prospects for survival as an employee?

It is probably not a good time to get a decent price for your scooter...but you might have to.
Only you understand what your chances are of getting through this, and if your profession is in demand?
If you're not highly employable, perhaps you need to wire for plane fare home when restrictions lift.

Well, I do wish you the best. Let us know how it works out for you.
Good luck!
a Fish in Ohio
PeteyDelivery
Year: 2020
Color: Deep, dark RED

Post by PeteyDelivery »

Find a courier company and do deliveries for them. Food and essential personal items are needed for the shut-in people. Good luck!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

SirHonkers, I'm very sorry for the financial situation you're in. You're not alone & that's not a comforting reply.
It sucks. Life's Scary...
The World's population is experiencing numerous and painful difficulties right now due to this pandemic. We All have a new job. We must strive to be #1 employees for the sake of (wo)mankind until we are told different.
Our new job description fills these shoes:
Isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and NO gatherings. Stand 6' mininum apart if you come upon one another.

We're All in this Together near, far wherever you are. Take care of yourself 24/7 so others that are healthy remain healthy.
God Bless Us
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

PeteyDelivery wrote:Find a courier company and do deliveries for them. Food and essential personal items are needed for the shut-in people. Good luck!
This is a good idea, one of my friend who usually works in a bar is also doing this as he is also unemployed at the moment because of this pandemic. His neighbor makes meals for people who are already less mobile in normal situations (elder , disabled, ...) and he now has a lot more work so my friend does the deliveries. Doesn't pay that much but at least its better than nothing + it beats the cabin fever and makes him feel useful.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I would start with that delivery option and go from there. You might have the opportunity to work for two delivery services at the same time. You might have to modify your tail rack area to accommodate this, but at least you have transportation. From what I know of the Vietnamese, they hustle, so you won't have much time to think about this option before someone else comes up with the same thought.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SirHonkersTheFirst
Color: Bronze

Post by SirHonkersTheFirst »