The Great Virus/Toilet Paper Stampede & Attack

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Re: The Great Virus/Toilet Paper Stampede & Attack

Post by Ganglylamb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ganglylamb please update us, how are you and your wife doing?
We are still ok, dr. gave us the all clear in the sense that we are now again allowed outside to go shopping if we want. Not that we want we are always very aware of germs (mild case of mysophobia i guess) but now I am simply terrified to go out. Still enough food in the house so we rather start rationing things then going out were any individual might be a potential future killer (not instantly maybe in a day or 7 - 10).

So we keep the doors shut and I spray bleach on the inside of my door and garage every day - just to be sure. We also keep our street side windows shut - I do not open my mailbox anymore unless armed with my gloves, face mask, protective glasses and spray bottle of bleach. My wife had to get something out of her car today which was parked on the street. I carefully opened the garage with a broom in my hand just in case someone would get too close I would be able to push them away - didn't need it though as the street was empty.

I live 3 kms away from the border with the Netherlands where they intend to get "herd immunity" - so while we are doing everything possible to contain the virus, they let it spread... In the mean time our local town people (mayor and police) have thrown up barricades to stop Dutch people from crossing the border in Belgium. They barricade the roads with whatever they can find going from shipping containers, concrete blocks to even dumping whole truckloads of sand on the road when they run out of anything else. All to stop the spread of the virus.
r1.png
r1.png (437.47 KiB) Viewed 357 times
r2.png
r2.png (614.73 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Maybe not that efficient as I think you can still pass on the sides - be it difficult with a car, but I hope it is enough as a deterrent.

Everyone stay safe and healthy and if possible just stay inside and avoid anyone and everyone!
This way the faster we can all enjoy to ride our PCXs once more. Already longing for that moment when all is over and I can just take her out for a ride again.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ganglylamb »

Pictures posted are btw not from in my town but from somewhere else at the border, haven't found pictures in the news from my town barricades. But the mayor insured on the news they are in place, I will have to trust him on that.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

We are still ok, dr. gave us the all clear in the sense that we are now again allowed outside to go shopping if we want.
Good to hear! :D

As I've mentioned here before I've been to Brussels and Brugge and have somewhat of an idea the kind of area you live in.

When I saw your pictures of the "make shift" border barricades I was astonished. Wow!!! :roll:

Social distancing and avoiding confined spaces with groups of people is the first line of defense with this virus. It's almost like the old "Tag, Your It" game. The object is not to become "It". Or something like that. . .. :?

Somehow all the latest news makes me think of the Biblical "Passover" scene in the "Ten Commandments" movie . . ..

Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ganglylamb »

Now things are getting really strange in some towns close to the border. In one town there is a shop that is directly on the border so one part is The Netherlands, the other is on Belgian territory.
You can enter the shop but you can not take anything which is located in the store on Belgian soil...
A video showing the situation it's in Dutch though but it's obvious what I mean :).