X ADV

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

HondaForza125
Year: 2020
Color: Grey..Metallic!

X ADV

Post by HondaForza125 »

Other bikes:

I used to own the attached X-Adv, there is a lot of interest in this bike and it has sold very well for Honda in Europe.

I only had it for 8 months.

What did I think of it?

It is a great bike, the only reason I changed it, was because I was chasing power at the time and going up through the engine sizes and out grew it very quickly.

In hindsight it is a very good bike but did have a few issues:

Cons:

Fuel economy and range not that great if ridden hard, like most things it suffers if pushed, but I ran out of fuel once and had an the engine stall (fuel starve) about 3 or four times when low on fuel.

It just cut under acceleration due to low fuel so not a bike to be pushed on the range indicator.

The DCT, it is great but as I always say:

It knows what you are going to do, but not what you might want to do

And this is where it lets you down, it is clunky when filtering, switching between 1st and 2nd and you do get caught out, thinking the bike is in 2nd, going to accelerate and realising it has changed down to first and then you are giving it the beans in 1st rather than 2nd which can be a bit disconcerting.

The storage is adequate, it will hold a helmet and gloves under the seat, but double check when buying that your helmet fits under the seat as it is close.

Mine came with a top box which is great and makes up (along with a rucksack) for any shortcomings.

Pros:

Insurance is cheap, fuel is okay and road tax is up there for motorbikes as it is charged on engine size.

Great around town (although watch the filtering), and good on motorway,

It is good I reckon for 110 mph and has ample in normal use, but not rapid accelerating from higher speeds.

Lovely comfortable and nice riding position, but handlebars are wide and bike is heavy for tight spaces.

Gets loads, and I mean loads, of attention, a real head turner,

Got asked about it everywhere I went and people would stop and talk about it and stare at it when parked.

Great handling machine too, good fun on twisty roads.

Do miss it, as it was very nice. It did suffer some corrosion around instrument cluster supports in short time I had it and of course has chain which is a faff to maintain for scooterist.

Expensive to buy and doesnt hold great value in UK.

I paid £8.7 sold for £7k in eight months of ownership, but as a long termer it is a good bet if you are not chasing BHP and not worried about the DCT...

Silver colour of mine was epic and looked properly stunning when polished up :)
Attachments
IMG_20180623_074220 (003).jpg
IMG_20180623_074220 (003).jpg (579.98 KiB) Viewed 898 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: X ADV

Post by WhiteNoise »

Experience! 8) Thanks for your review.
OhMy, I said it before, and sayin' it again...the X ADV is one beautiful bike! I'd follow that thing if it flew by me. Visor up and yelling....Can I be your friend? as it rolls into the horizon :cry:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

What mpg did you get at 70mph on the motorway?
HondaForza125
Year: 2020
Color: Grey..Metallic!

Post by HondaForza125 »

I got about 65 - 75 day to day,

I think (not 100% sure) but was getting 80 + on the motorway at sensible speed.

Range in theory is over 200 miles from the tank, but I never got near that, usually refilling about 160 miles.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I loved the look of it. If I were just a bit younger I would be very interested in buying one. Yes, I know that it is not a true "adventure bike", but it would handle unpaved roads much better than my PCX...which, by the way, I don't even want to get near dirt. (I love my PCX... :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers