New 2019 Honda 150 PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ritler59
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

New 2019 Honda 150 PCX

Post by ritler59 »

Hello Guys, Im new to the group and so far I find it very informative. 2 weeks ago I became the proud owner of a 2019 PCX, the bike has only 634 miles and there's not a nick or a scratch on it. the original owner was moving out of state and need it to move it quickly, so I made an offer thinking he wasn't going to accepted and guess what...after 2 months he accepted my offer. I rode it the same I bought it and all I can say it was WOW. The feel, the quality is just phenomenal, I simply love the scoot and all its great features. The only 2 features that I wish it has is ABS and a Tachometer. Well I bought an aftermarket Tach which matches the stock instrument panel and it works really well. Does anyone knows if you can purchase an complete OEM ABS system and add it to the existing unit? If so, drop me a line. Also, does anyone know the best Front and Rear Pick up stands so I can safely lift it off the ground to do maintenance? Also, I bought the Shop Manual for it and now Im looking for the complete Parts Manual. Yes, this is a keeper lol!!
I got insurance for it already and is getting register tomorrow at DMV. Cant wait for warmer weather....I will post pictures very soon.
Please Help,
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New 2019 Honda 150 PCX

Post by gn2 »

You don't need to lift it off the ground to do maintenance.
There isn't an ABS add on kit.
You could use original parts from EU model but it would cost an arm and a leg.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Congrats. How much did you get it for?

What's the point of a tech on a CVT? Do you enjoy watching it as I don't see any practical benefits :)
tjupille
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by tjupille »

You really don't *need* a lift to do maintenance, but it's nice to have the bike stable for things like wheel removal, brake work, etc. I have a $100 lift from Harbor Freight that works fine.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-c ... 60536.html
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

tjupille wrote:You really don't *need* a lift to do maintenance, but it's nice to have the bike stable for things like wheel removal, brake work, etc. I have a $100 lift from Harbor Freight that works fine.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-c ... 60536.html
I've seen others post and share videos of bikes lifted on these, but wonder how to properly secure the PCX with one of these considering it's over-loaded with plastics everywhere. I'd feel better with a way to tie the handlebars and side bits to something rather than to under the bike.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I've seen others post and share videos of bikes lifted on these, but wonder how to properly secure the PCX with one of these considering it's over-loaded with plastics everywhere. I'd feel better with a way to tie the handlebars and side bits to something rather than to under the bike.
Not recommending anything here but it just goes to show where there is a will there is a way sometimes. ;)

tjupille
Color: red

Post by tjupille »

The lift goes all the way across the bottom of the bike, and you usually place it near the bike's center of gravity, so it's actually quite stable. A ratcheting strap across the floorboard and under the lift holds it without any problem.
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I also wonder why you would want a tach? Its not as if you can manually change the gears. Most of the time when I am riding the scooter I am pinning the throttle anyway.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just as a FYI, if you want to work on the front wheel area and need for the tire to be off of the ground, put a 1 gallon paint can under the center of the bike, toward the front area after putting the bike on its center stand. You can do this two ways.

The first would be to have a friend push down on the back end where the bucket or rack is. (They could just sit in the passenger area, but it is hard to get off of the bike when it is balanced like that with the paint can under it.) This will move the front end up enough to easily slide a can of paint under it toward the front of the center.

The second way is a little harder, but only if you don't have weights.. Put a weight of some sort on the tail rack or in the bucket. Something heavy but small. Weights themselves work great, so you understand what I mean when I say small. Then move the paint can to where you want it as a precaution.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers